Km badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Km badge

hello , i show you this badge. it comes from my wife's family .
    found with this.http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...72#post6666672
    thank you for your comments
    Serge
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Norm F; 11-11-2014, 03:20 PM. Reason: uploaded the linked images

Hi Serge......

.......FAKE badge. Look up High Seas Fleet badge in this forum to compare.

Comment

Thank you for your response, I looked the other badge . There is a huge difference! it's amazing to find copies in his own family. The only idea that come to mind is that someone else is already been there? with a judicious exchange!
      Serge.

Comment

Awful fake
        Cheers,
        Hubert

Comment

It's one of the worst badges I have ever seen, but the strange thing is that when you look at the jacket that this has been on, you can see tracec in the fabric that shows that the badge has really been on there for some time. Maybe he lost his original badge that was given to him and replaced it with something he had made by himself. Could be a period made badge, just not made by manufactor.

Regards,
          André
          Attached Files

Comment

Do I see what looks to be M/7 marked on the reverse? I wonder what that could relate to perhaps?

As an opinion and notion, I too, like Andre, think this could be a ''theatre'' made example, perhaps. That is, made in the workshops or perhaps even in the local vicinity.

Best,

Marcus
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Serge,

If there was a collector in the family (or possibly even a veteran himself) they could have picked up a cheap fake badge post-war to display on the jacket.

This badge is SO crude though, that it could even be a field made casting - BUT you would need some firm provenance for that - preferably seeing it in wear. Without that, it's nothing more than a really bad fake.

Regards
              Mike
              Regards
              Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

It is a fake for sure. No Question about it, but is it a fake that has been made pre-45. If that is the case then I would for sure love to have this in my collection, but as Mike says: we need some firm provenance for that - preferably seeing it in wear. He did find some documentation on this person so hopefully he will find some photos as well.

Marcus.
                The soldiers name was Karl Zander, could it be K/Z or maybe Z/K that is marked on the reverse?

/André

Comment

I vote for MZ on the reverse as initials of the bearer. Yes, it's a "reproduction", but as it comes from the family it is still a part of history. Our neighbour had such crude ones..he made them himself during his time as POW as he lost his original ones....
                  One of many possibilities...
                  Keep it as part of the group. It's nice to have it.
                  Regards
                  Christian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                  X