Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tirpitz - Erinnerungsnadel opinions please

Hi.

These Schlachtschiff Tirpitz - Erinnerungsnadel is almost impossible to get and even harder to know if the once that turns up are original or not. What do you guys think of this one?
    Buntmetall, silver plated, painted and soldered ship crest lapel pin. Total length 46 mm.

Please don't mind the red line that is going over the shield.

Best regards,
    André
    Attached Files

needle in full lenght
    Attached Files

Comment

I like what I see.

Comment

I always thought these were unofficial and bought by people just everywhere as a souvenir, until one interesting document was ofered for sale with a large lot, on eBay.
        Attached Files

Comment

This was highly identical to the one I have found on the battleship "Tirpitz", So I like this on

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
            This was highly identical to the one I have found on the battleship "Tirpitz", So I like this on
            Also the different type was "awarded". have you ever saw the one like this, on site?
            Attached Files

Comment

No, these are more like the veterans have been wearing after war...!

Comment

These pins was not unofficial at all.
                You can see pictures of the urkunde that I have in my Tirpitz lot here:
                http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=761172

Comment

I really like both pieces shown here in the thread. I seriously dout, that the second one was a postwar vet society piece...

Regards,

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by amiklic1 View Post
                    Also the different type was "awarded". have you ever saw the one like this, on site?
                    I agree, this pinback "Ges Gesch" example is a modern example. I've seen them for sale as such and have one myself.

Regards
                    Mike
                    Regards
                    Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

They have been here for decades, and some are quite different from the ones you can usually buy around.

Here a detail of two more or less similar pieces, with some details not often seen on the ones you can buy in large quantities.

Not saying they are wartime, but I am suspitious about so few of them floating around.
                      Attached Files

Comment

There could have been other pins around like the once that you show here, but IMO I belive that these are post-war made for veterans. Maybe they made som at the end of 45, after the war had ended for the surviving crew members and veterans, but the pins that wore produced during the war and was ment to be awarded on board among with the urkunde does not look like this at all. The original pin that has been found on the Tirpitz has a different material and the design is also different. It also has a long pin and not a short pin with lock.

As long as there is no pre-45 documentation from a manufactor, pictures of these pins in wear or veterans (still alive) that can tell us about them or show their pins if they have any, it is really difficult to say what is original or no when it comes to the pins that turns up on dealers sites every now and then. The only design I will feel good about when I look for these pins, is the same as the one that has been found on the Tirpitz.

I'm not sure about the one that Weitze had on his site, but the "Ges Gesch" is as Mike Kenny says, a modern example.

Comment

Actually, looking at the Weitze example, it sort of looks like the back has been "worked" to remove the GES GESCH box - looks like there is still a rectangular shape present there!

Regards
                          Mike
                          Regards
                          Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

I agree with you, André .

Something found on a wreck site has undoubtful provenance, for sure.

Comment

You are right Mike. The one at Weitze does have that rectangular shape that is most likely from a "Ges Gesch" mark. Nice spotted!

Regards,
                              André

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X