Two Auxillary Cruiser for Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Auxillary Cruiser for Opinions

I recently got these Auxiliary Cruiser badges. I did not have a camera to take pictures until now. What do you think about them?
    Attached Files

Backs

backs....Thanks for looking and for your Opinions.
    Attached Files

Comment

I'm curious what others have to say also

Comment

better picture of hinge

I got these at different times from different sellers.
        Attached Files

Comment

They seem to be made from the exact same die. They look okay to me, but I would like to hear what other members have to say.

Comment

the little man in the boat

the little man in the boat. Thanks for looking
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Dennis....
              I wish I could say otherwise, but I don't like either of these badges.

The finish, details and wear do not look like authentic WWII period to me.
              Visit my Badge Collection: http://lbmilitaria.homestead.com/home.html

Comment

Hi Dennis i agree with Lorenzo not keen on these, Globe lacks detail, finnish looks suspect especially the reverse. Does the inside of the Hinge (and the bottom) seem to be filled in with filler?. Not one for me I'm afraid.

Comment

One like them

I got these from Weitze wonderful site. I hope it is OK to use them?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi Dennis,

IMO the one from Weitze is an unmakerd R.S. and as such not a match to the 2 badges you posted.

I really don't know what to think about the badges you posted. On the one hand do I like the ageing but on the other hand that is much less the case with the set-up. Also the distinctiv dent on the right hand side of the sails reverse is not something I'm familiar with on originals that I know.

Very difficult without handling them.

KR
                    Philippe

Comment

They're not Souvals, that's for sure.
                      George

Comment

Hi,
                        I don't think they are from the same die, if you look at the reverse (on the right side) the wreaths appear different. Also it might be the angle of the picture, but the eagles look different (on the obverse). I have only studied fo ACB's so I'm not sure on these two. As was stated earlier, I would defer to others on these two.
                        Sincerely Andy B. collecting mini badge stickpins
                        Collecting minis and KVKs

Comment

I hope these pictures help. I will add a picture of the other badges that came with one of the ACBs. I know it does not mean any thing.......But?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Others

I want to thank everyone who help with these badges and those who just looked to see what was here. I have learned so much from you guys who are willing to share your knowledge. Thanks!! All of the other badges were marked the; Destroyer JFS, Panzer RK and Coast Artillery FLL 43.
                            So I was hoping.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Morning Dennis,

After seeing the close-up of the eagles I'm more positive than negative about these badges.

KR
                              Philippe

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X