Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German Naval Sweet Heart Badge

HI THERE ,
    any chance this is a german wartime manufactured badge please ?
    I understand the cross design to the middle of the badge has been around for many years long before the nazis adopted it and has been used a lot in jewelry as a good luck symbol i believe ?? just like to know if this could be a war time `sweetheart` badge etc , given by a service man to his girlfriend , or did the german forces wear tie pins/clasps ? the rope design around the edge had me thinking it could be naval ?? sorry if this is not the correct forum /
    any opinions please ,thanks Michael.
    size is about 30mm in lengh
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

and so no one wants to give me an opinion on this badge either ????

Comment

I'm sure a lot would like to but are unable to give an opinion on this. It seems OK from the photos, my guess would be if you don't see another then it is probably OK , if you see a few popping up then it is probably not.

Sorry could not be of much help

Regards
        Rob
        Regards, Rob
        Collecting Inerests Awards / Badges and Kriegsmarine

Comment

there is a huge amount of clasps such as this, and I almost think it'd be a longshot to say it was a KM sweethaeart pin, rather than a victorian broach.
          Let's see what others think...
          regards
          joon

Comment

Hi there,
            many thanks for the replies lads ,
            i understand this symbol was used well before the war as a good luck item ? but is it correct to say that if ... the nazi sign is on the `tilt ` rotated , that it is more chance to be a nazi period item ?
            thanks again ,Michael.

Comment

I´ve seen loads of this jewelry over the years. Its what the germans call Nazi Kitsch. Could be real, from the 20s and 30s,but I´m pretty sure there are a few people around still making it.

Skip
              LOOKING FOR ALL ITEMS CONNECTED TO HERBERT SCHOB.

Comment

Many thanks skip ,
                I am sure it pre 1945 due to where i got it from , i was just puzzled as to if it was a military item / did off duty service men wear tie pins ?
                many thanks ,Michael.

Comment

Not unless they were avid Nazis Mike. Which I am lead to believe most of the Navy were not. I would guess that this is just a good luck trinket from the 20s or 30s. I doubt there is any military connection, at the most Political. Maybe you should post it there as well.

Skip
                  LOOKING FOR ALL ITEMS CONNECTED TO HERBERT SCHOB.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X