2 KM Badges - look good but not sure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 KM Badges - look good but not sure

I got these two photos from a collector I've dealt with before. These two look original to me but before I buy them I'd like to know what you guys think.

km01.jpg

km02.jpg

Both look ok IMO
    Cheers,
    Hubert

Comment

Are you sure?
      The gold finish and catch look just fine.
      But now I'm taking a closer look at the hinge on that R.S.
      It really looks crude.
      maybe a side shot would calm me down if I could see the needle bent around a hinge pin.
      Last edited by emilitaria_usmc; 02-11-2014, 04:11 PM.

Comment

I agree with Hubert, they both look good. The Schwerin is textbook, the Souval badge seams to feature the wartime compatible setup, though it might be repainted.

Comment

IMO both are good.

Comment

I asked my friend to mail me his two badges so I could take some photos with my close-up lens.

Here is the link: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=1#post6291973

check out the hinge on this R.S. Coastal Artillery!
            is it still original?

Comment

I also thought both badges were good but the better photos of the RS badge change my opinion. I have never seen a set up like that on a RS or any other badge. These really are not that rare and there are always questions with Souval badges as far as wartime vs. post war put together or made so if it were me I would wait for a more "classic" piece. Perhaps others have seen a set up like this before but not me.
              JAndrew

Comment

Originally posted by JAndrew View Post
                I also thought both badges were good but the better photos of the RS badge change my opinion. I have never seen a set up like that on a RS or any other badge. These really are not that rare and there are always questions with Souval badges as far as wartime vs. post war put together or made so if it were me I would wait for a more "classic" piece. Perhaps others have seen a set up like this before but not me.
                JAndrew
                Thank you Andrew,
                I just finished the photos on the Schwerin Minesweeper.

Here they are:
                http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=1#post6292021

This one also scares me but not as much.
                But, where there's smoke there's fire!

Comment

Hi,
                  I stand corrected, on detailed images the RS CAB turns out to be a fake...
                  Cheers,
                  Hubert

Comment

I tend to agree with Hubert here!! Can someone post these larger images?
                    Kind regards,
                    Giel

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Giels-Milit...5292741243193/

Comment

Originally posted by Giel VW View Post
                      I tend to agree with Hubert here!! Can someone post these larger images?
                      Hi Giel,

emilitaria_usmc already posted the images in a separate discussion thread and he provided the link in his post below:

Originally posted by emilitaria_usmc View Post
                      I asked my friend to mail me his two badges so I could take some photos with my close-up lens.

Here is the link: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=1#post6291973

check out the hinge on this R.S. Coastal Artillery!
                      is it still original?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X