Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSF pins by Schwerin ?

Hi,
    These two badges could be from the same maker even though they differ slightly
    in their design.
    Did Schwerin mark their minatures?
    Cheers
    Attached Files

Hi Franco,

No, Schwerin didn't mark any minis other than the Blockade Breaker, but I fear your two minis are likely the Morigi-type reproductions.

Here are two Nicholas Morigi "safety-pin" style minis but they were made with stickpin setups as well, and you can see the same obverse design. The obverse detail is very nice, in fact nicer than wartime minis.

Best regards,
    ---Norm
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi,
      They could be made for Morigi,but I would like to see how the pins look on his
      before I am convinced.
      Cheers

Comment

Hi Franco,

While it's always good to keep an open mind, the details stack up against these ones.

Here are two comparisons between the Morigi pin and each of yours. You can see the same obverse details but variation in hand filing of the margins. One especially unique feature is the "donut-like" portholes on the hull of the ship - very atypical for any wartime Fleet badge design.

Best regards,
        ---Norm
        Attached Files

Comment

Morigi's pin styles vary. Here's the S-Boat in both safety-pin and straight-pin setups.
          Attached Files

Comment

Here's the Morigi Blockade Breaker mini in both safety-pin and straight pin setups.
            Attached Files

Comment

And finally some pin comparisons:

1) Your mini with the knurled pin compared with the Morigi BB pin. Notice the same small round plate attached to the end of the pin -- in the BB pin the small plate is soldered in turn to a larger plate whereas in your Fleet mini it's soldered directly to the badge.

2) Your mini with the smooth pin compared with a Morigi U-Boat mini, also with a smooth pin.

So Morigi has distributed minis with a variety of pin styles, safety-pin or straight, smooth or knurled, with or without base plate. And from the comparisons, in my opinion he either made your minis or obtained his stock from the maker of your minis.

Best regards,
              ---Norm
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Norm F; 02-06-2014, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Hi,
                It certainly looks like they were sold by Morigi.That leaves one question.I paid £11
                each for them.Did I do good or bad?
                Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Franco View Post
                  Hi,
                  It certainly looks like they were sold by Morigi.That leaves one question.I paid £11
                  Cheers
                  Morigi sells them currently on his website for £10.95 + shipping each so you paid about retail price.

Best regards,
                  ---Norm

Comment

Originally posted by Franco View Post
                    Hi,
                    Cheers
                    11 pounds each for the minis: No lost sleep

Getting Norm's analysis: Priceless

John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X