U-boat badge in box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U-boat badge in box

I just picked up a small lot from a local antique dealer,the lot was brought home by a WW2 WAC,in the lot is a French Made U-boat badge in the original box
    she wrote This is an German Officers insignia for submarines on the box lid.There is also a few items on a nice padded plaque,a german gascap and some of the WAC's items.Anyone have any idea what the gascap is from?Jay Parisi
    Attached Files

Some of the other items
    Attached Files

Comment

Were not the French made Badges of the Kriegsmarine on a horizontal type clasp

Edit ** I stand corrected. There is evidence of the French Sub Badge with Vertical Hinge type.
      Last edited by h009291; 10-28-2004, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Hello Jay,
        Very nice French-made U-boat Badge. I can tell just from the keel of the U-boat, (squared off fore and aft) that this is a French-made badge. I have never seen these with anything but a vertical pin, although the other French-made Kriegsmarine Badges usually have the horizontal pin. Nice box too! Could you post some larger pictures of the front and reverse of the badge?
        Best regards! Tom
        Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Originally posted by tyanacek
          Hello Jay,
          Very nice French-made U-boat Badge. I can tell just from the keel of the U-boat, (squared off fore and aft) that this is a French-made badge. I have never seen these with anything but a vertical pin, although the other French-made Kriegsmarine Badges usually have the horizontal pin. Nice box too! Could you post some larger pictures of the front and reverse of the badge?
          Best regards! Tom
          Tom,

Also another indication of a French Badge is the squared off bottom portion of the Uboat.

Comment

Very interesting Jay, thank you for posting this, as this could be vey well be a sort of 'provenance' in regards to the box.

There's alot of contrariety surronding these, and that box is like the pattern you find these in although there seem to be 'two' specific types and then the odd generic box.(It's the sort of box Jay the French made awards come in)

Well it's another piece in the jigsaw in an around about way for me.

Very interesting little group, don't ever seperate it.

Kr

Marcus

Comment

Hi, here are some better pics of the badge.Jay
              Attached Files

Comment

The Reverse
                Attached Files

Comment

Pin Assembly
                  Attached Files

Comment

JayP...Thanks for posting the thread of this small nice grouping...keep your hands on it...and to the other forum members out there thanks for the education of what is being said about this collection...
                    Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did. Quote - Sophie Scholl - White Rose resistance group

Comment

Hello Jay,

Very nice U-boat badge. Thanks for posting the additional pictures.
                      Best regards! Tom
                      Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X