• Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-boat Bacqueville

Hello dears friends
    What do you think about this badge
    I think it's a good bacqueville !

Thank you

I would agree that it is an original "Bacqeville" badge. Have any of them ever been faked? Some on this forum would argue that "good Bacqeville" is an oxymoron and who would fake a fake? I don't have the answer.
    JAndrew

Comment

Originally posted by JAndrew View Post
      I would agree that it is an original "Bacqeville" badge. Have any of them ever been faked? Some on this forum would argue that "good Bacqeville" is an oxymoron and who would fake a fake? I don't have the answer.
      JAndrew
      Hi,
      Fake badges based on genuine Bacquevilles are quite popular. Same case as with Staegemeir's 'round-s' Shuco Destroyers (based on postwar Dekora die badges) and Staegemeir's fake S&L AC's with 2-nd globe type (based on postwar S&L badges).
      Cheers,
      Hubert

Comment

Hubert,
        That is very interesting. Thank you for the education.
        JAndrew

Comment

Hi Guys,

Of the so-called "Bacquevilles", it's mainly the S-Boat that is faked. The fakes are slightly less hideous than the "originals"...

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=549327

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=385635

Best regards,
          ---Norm

Comment

Hi Norm, you are much more perceptive than me and probably that's why the fake Bacquevilles seem to you slightly less hideous than the "originals"...
            I enclose few repros with wrong hardware.
            Cheers,
            Hubert
            Attached Files

Comment

And another fake s-boot. As ugly as ugly can be.
              Attached Files

Comment

Remember fellow collectors that many like this series of badges and believe in them. I think beauty in this hobby is in the eye of the beholder.

We blow up these relatively small badges to the size of our computer screen and can tell if the eagle is cross eyed or not. In reality, on a uniform, I doubt if it was so clear or important to the sailor.

I personally have no opinion on the series since I just do not know.

Back to the central question, as stated above, yes, some of these badges have been faked. I think you must approach every single KM war badge with the thought in mind it might be a fake and move on from that assumption as you examine in detail the individual badge.

John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X