Late war Destroyer Badge maker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Lorenzo,

Thanks for posting the pictures from Mike Tucker's Book. As you said it is the same as your tombak Destroyer Badge, except for the pin and hinge, and it is exactly the same as mine (including the pin and hinge), except that mine is zinc. So are you of the opinion that the L/21 marking on the badge from the Tucker Book is original to the piece? The badge itself I do not question, just the maker mark. I like your zinc, L/21 Destroyer Badge, and as Frank mentioned, that is the type of badge considered "textbook" for Foerster & Barth.
    Best regards! Tom
    Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Hello Lorenzo and Frank,

Sorry guys, but I have another question. From looking at the image of the 'L/21' marking from the Tucker Book, am I correct in seeing the marking as an entirely incuse stamping? It is not incuse-relief nor in relief correct? I was a little confused because it is sometimes hard to tell from a photo, plus the caption beside the marking states "relief stamped".
      Also, in answer to the question about L/21 badges in tombak, I have never seen any except in zinc.
      Best regards! Tom
      Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X