No announcement yet.

The cheek of some militaria dealers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are many fake badges on that site and based on that I would suggest he knows what he is selling.

If you know that the owner is a member here, PM him and ask him to respond to this thread.

If he really does not know he has fake badges, he will be keen to learn and he can then weed out the crap from his site.

cheers
    Graeme

Comment

Chris I hear what you are saying and to put someone down in the wrong would not be a nice thing to do.

The reason why I feel so strongly about it is because this is one of five kriegsmarine badges that I bought from this dealer. As you pointed out "3 people on the thread say its ok. One says he is not sure but would not buy it, and John says he thinks it is fake" however the other four badges were all turned down 100%.

I know people make mistakes and the best in the world make them from time to time but if your selling militaria for a living and claim to be an expert in the field, you then sell five badges to someone, four of which are unanimously declared fakes and one badge gets a maybe ok maybe not ok IMO I dont think its good enough.

But I have taken your point on board. Thanks Chris

[QUOTE=Graeme Sandles;4560469]There are many fake badges on that site and based on that I would suggest he knows what he is selling.

If you know that the owner is a member here, PM him and ask him to respond to this thread.

If he really does not know he has fake badges, he will be keen to learn and he can then weed out the crap from his site.

cheers
      Graeme[/QUOTE

I informed him on the telephone about the WAF and the opinions of the members here, the response I got from the person on the phone is written below but maybe I am being to hard on the guy as already pointed out.
      Last edited by The Dragon; 03-22-2011, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Responding to Graeme: (I didnt see your last post Dragon when I typed this)

Well, here is the problem: He doesnt seem to care that what he is selling is fake (as shown below from beginning of thread)

"I returned it to the dealer to whom I bought it from and got a refund.

However in addition to the badge above I also had bought other badges from this particular dealer which I had all appraised and discussed on the WAF which were all shot down in flames. So I decided to ring the dealer in question and I told him that I was a member of the WAF and that every medal that I bought from him was appraised and turned down by the members of the WAF as fakes.

He let out this fake nervous laugh then said that dealers were always getting slated on this site because the WAF was full of American clowns.

Now I see the same badge discussed above back up for sale on his site."

So, it seems that, like I said, the dealer is either in denial, or he does not care he is selling fake items.

I understand that this item is not 100% fake, as Chris said, but there does seem to be many other bad examples on his site.

Thanks.
        Swayne Martin

Comment

This chap has been selling fakes in abundance for some years, i have bought a good item from him then the next two items were total fakes and returned, i never bought another item since from him.
          I only live an hours drive from his premises and if he didnt refund i would have made the journey to reclaim my money.

He regularly gives massive discounts, upto 25% or more,Why? because he knows the items are crap, it is that simple.
          Yes he has some good items but it isnt rocket science that if he makes good profits on crap he,ll be in the pink and can afford to lose some profit on good items.

Hes been at it a long time, do not think he is so foolish to sell items massively under its market value because he doesnt know his stuff or is unsure, he knows too well what he sells.

Comment

Originally posted by luftwaffe blue View Post
            Hes been at it a long time, do not think he is so foolish to sell items massively under its market value because he doesnt know his stuff or is unsure, he knows too well what he sells.
            Yep I do agree

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X