EpicArtifacts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schwerin U-Boat badge with horizontal pin - cased Real or Fake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schwerin U-Boat badge with horizontal pin - cased Real or Fake?

I sure hope this is real, as I’ve had it for years and never though twice about it until I saw a post on this forum that said, no Schwerin U-boat badges had horizontal pins. After seeing that, I dug it out and now I’m questioning it myself. I sure hope it's real, because I really like it, so much that if it's fake, I'm still going to keep it as an example.

The case has nothing that glows under black light and the hinge is magnetic.

Since a story really means nothing, I will not bore you with one.

If it’s a known fake, does anybody know the history of them? I’ve had it for at least 15-20 years.

Dave
    Attached Files

more

More
    Attached Files

Comment

I'm going to break the news as gently as possible, FAKE.
      pseudo-expert

Comment

Already discussed:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=492858

Comment

Bummer, I never really gave it much thought in the past. I just picked it up very reasonable and liked it, so I just put it away.
          One good thing is that I do not have much in it. I'll just keep it as an example to show new collectors, and thus avoid it getting back into circulation as an original.

Thanks, Dave

Comment

Dave, thank you for showing, and sorry but we must tell you that the badge is a fake. If you compare this item with an original you can discover by yourself why there is no doubt about this one. Please search for diferent threads on schwerin uboot badges and take a look to the pictures.
            Last edited by Gregorio Torres; 03-11-2011, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X