E boat badge Opinions???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E boat badge Opinions???

Hi ,I would like to have an opinion on this E boat badge.
    thanks for hellp !
    Jan

003.JPG

002.JPG

[ATTACH]1781738[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1781739[/ATTACH]

Comment

This is a start:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=232043

Comment

Looks like someone has already scratched an "R" on the reverse for Repro.

JMME is not a known maker of KM badges, the reverse profile looks soft and some of the "patina" on the reverse looks chemical. Imo a cast repro.

Regards
        Mike
        Regards
        Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Kenny View Post
          Looks like someone has already scratched an "R" on the reverse for Repro.

JMME is not a known maker of KM badges, the reverse profile looks soft and some of the "patina" on the reverse looks chemical. Imo a cast repro.

Regards
          Mike
          I fully agree with Mike.I do not know of any KM award produced by JMME.

Regards,Martin.

Comment

It really resembles an R.S. second pattern E-boat badge, same eagle, wreath, claws and waves..... could be an R.S. repro/original with a bad JMME maker mark... just my observation,
            Van

Comment

Hi Van, it is fantasy badge as said before. Nothing to do with RS unfortunately
              Here is my RS for comparison.
              Cheers,
              Hubert
              Attached Files

Comment

Have to say a good attempt finish and wear look believable. Regards

Comment

Hi Guys,

Although I agree that repro is likely given the JMME mark, one other thought comes to mind.

We've seen in the Minesweeper and Destroyer badges that Wilhelm Hobacher, also in Vienna, used the identical obverse with a different reverse die and often shared hardware characteristics with Souval as well. The Minesweepers are common but the Destroyers are hard to find.

On the Minesweeper badge, the obverses of Souval and Hobacher are identical as are the trimming outlines. The reverse of the Hobacher lacks the RS of course, but has the raised rectangular outline for the hinge.

So, it struck me that this badge is what I'd expect of Hobacher if Hobacher had made a 2nd pattern S-Boat. But then the JMME mark comes along and ruins it!

I would really like to see weights and dimensions of both Jan and Hubert's badges to compare them.

Best regards,
                  ---Norm

Comment

Originally posted by Norm F View Post
                    Hi Guys,

Although I agree that repro is likely given the JMME mark, one other thought comes to mind.

We've seen in the Minesweeper and Destroyer badges that Wilhelm Hobacher, also in Vienna, used the identical obverse with a different reverse die and often shared hardware characteristics with Souval as well. The Minesweepers are common but the Destroyers are hard to find.

On the Minesweeper badge, the obverses of Souval and Hobacher are identical as are the trimming outlines. The reverse of the Hobacher lacks the RS of course, but has the raised rectangular outline for the hinge.

So, it struck me that this badge is what I'd expect of Hobacher if Hobacher had made a 2nd pattern S-Boat. But then the JMME mark comes along and ruins it!

I would really like to see weights and dimensions of both Jan and Hubert's badges to compare them.

Best regards,
                    ---Norm
                    To reply to Norm,

The weight of my piece is 41.8 grams.
                    Dimensions are as follows: Please see pics of where I measured.
                    Top to Bottom : approx. 59 mm
                    Side to Side : approx. 51 mm
                    Thickness : approx. 3 mm

As far as fakes are concerned. I a fake S-Boat badge, and this one that I am posting looks nothing like it. It is thicker and wider, not to mention the details are much more pronounced. Also, the fake is quite bendable, this one is not.

Regards,
                    Jan

033.JPG

031.JPG

Comment

[ATTACH]1782672[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1782673[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]1782674[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1782675[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]1782678[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1782679[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]1782680[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]1782681[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1782682[/ATTACH]

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X