No announcement yet.

RS Minesweeper for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are some more photos of the catch and hinge. I did the best I could. I still haven't fully figured out how to use my relatively new digital camera but hope these pics will help.
    Attached Files

Comment

more
      Attached Files

Comment

Richard,

Macro function on, flash off, natural light, and place the camera on a tripod or pile of books to steady it.

John

Comment

John, thanks for the tips. Based on your tips, I am assuming the pics I added are not too good. I thought they were OK but I can see where more might be necessary. I'm still trying to find the macro function. This camera has more buttons than an IBM computer from the 1970's. I suppose reading the instructions instead of being lazy would help. I do need a tripod as I tried steadying the camera on a solid surface and it didn't do too good. Unfortunately I'm currently working 8 to 7 due to tax season so my time on the computer and for photos is a bit limited. I'll try again as soon as possible.
          Richard

Comment

Hi Richard,

Can you show some well-lit sharp closeups of the area indicated by the arrow, both with the pin up and pin down? Looking at it yourself, can you tell if there's a dent on the back of the lower swastika from the bent tip of the wire main pin impacting it, and whether that area is covered in finish, and whether the current pin touches in that spot?

Another possibility other than a re-finished badge, since we know Souval continued assembling badges post-war, is perhaps the atypical catch plate and finish indicating one of his early post-war opuses?

Best regards,
            ---Norm
            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X