Gordon Williamson's new book on KM warbadges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gordon Williamson's new book on KM warbadges

This is the book now being printed by Roger Bender. The book is meant as a complement to Gordon's other book, Torpedo Los, which cover U-boat badges, documents and other items related to that branch of the KM.

This book will cover those badges pictured on the cover.

I have not heard when the book will be available from Bender Publishing.

So we have two books on this area. That is great IMO and am looking forward to buying both.

John
    Attached Files

When Roger gave me the advertisement for our "International Medal Collector" magazine he mentioned that it was on the way to the printer. I would think that it will be out late October/mid november. I am really looking forward to it, if it is just close to "Torpedo Los" it will be absolutely great!
    Attached Files
    B&D PUBLISHING
    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

LOVE the cover!

Comment

With this book and Sacha's book it is a "double treat",especially for the KM collecting community.

Regards,Martin.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Garlasco View Post
          LOVE the cover!
          Marc,

Norm loves it too because the Minesweeper badge is on the spine of the re-designed cover.

Regards,Martin.

Comment

Hi guys,

Another one I am looking VERY forward too, no doubt will be excellent. I will be purchasing both Gordon's & Sascha's, as I am sure there will be good information in both! These book are a variant-collector's dream!

Tom
            If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
            [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
            Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Looks like a winner

Looks like a good read. Gordon has done great work in the past and I am sure this will be a good read. It is awesome that two books are coming out almost simultaneosly on the same subject but I am sure there will be different twists on the material from each author/researcher and we all will learn. These books are great tools for the collector and I purchase each and everyone as they become available. These books and their authors should be met with the same enthusiasm we give to our personal collections.

Steve Mezey

Comment

The last time I heard from Roger he was hoping for it to be available mid November however he cautioned that "One never knows when printing overseas."

Richard

Comment

Very cool looking cover and a nice contribution. No sub badge or clasp on the cover? Is that because this award is covered in the other book?

Comment

Originally posted by rfleming32 View Post
                    Very cool looking cover and a nice contribution. No sub badge or clasp on the cover? Is that because this award is covered in the other book?
                    Correct, it is a companion book to Torpedo Los.

John

Comment

Originally posted by RichardT View Post
                      The last time I heard from Roger he was hoping for it to be available mid November however he cautioned that "One never knows when printing overseas."

Richard
                      Richard,

i hope to see Roger this Sunday,so i am sure i can get an update?

Regards,Martin.

Comment

I sent Gordon an email asking when his book should be out, this was his reply:

It was originally thought that it would be ready by late October/early November, but now Roger thinks it will be late November. Certainly before Christmas though.

/Ian
                        Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Hello,
                          this looks like a very nice Xmas present for all KM geeks.
                          Nice documentation,
                          Cheers, Pierre

Comment

I also intend to get both books.
                            As i have mentioned in another thread i think that they will compliment each other.

One book may contain information that that the other does not?

So to KM collectors both books will be quite an asset i think.

Regards,Martin.

Comment

I think Martin is absolutely correct that the books will complement each other.

IMO, is it ALWAYS better for a collector to have multiple sources of information regarding the same subject matter. If there are conflicts, the collector will be aware of them and can do more study on his own.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X