X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coastal Artill. on E-Stand

In my op. this badge is an fake. Sohni never produced an badge like this:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=445618

Yes they did, but I´m not enthusiastic about this one either, plus I´d like to see a pic of the destroyer(front and back).

Regards,

Daniel

Comment

Here's that CA badge in question for easier discussion.
      Attached Files

Comment

The SHuCo CA badge is discussed here:
        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=shuco+coastal

I think its fake and will post a reference link to this thread.
        Visit my Badge Collection: http://lbmilitaria.homestead.com/home.html

Comment

Originally posted by Nordmark View Post
          Yes they did, but I´m not enthusiastic about this one either, plus I´d like to see a pic of the destroyer(front and back).

Regards,

Daniel
          SHuCo did not produce a Coastal Artillery badge. At least none have ever been discussed that were accepted by the collecting community going a long way back.

Good spot darkman.

John

Comment

I thought there were some in the FLL/SHuCo hoard...

Comment

Like to see images if that is so. Maybe there were if you have a line on them . John

Comment

Hello friendly. The badge belongs collection for months. I bought it in the store of Klaus Butcheck and for my always he has been original. I will retire it of the sale and I will warn a companion to which had reserved it of its opinions. I do not try to deceive anybody and for my always he has been original. Greetings

Comment

If you bought it from Klaus and there are any issues arising from it then I'm confident he will make it right. Maybe you could drop him a message regarding this thread?

Comment

Long ago that I bought this badge to him. It is not worth the trouble to be complicated the life. I do not have invoices nor anything that demonstrates I bought it to. He is better to forget the subject.
                    best regards

Comment

This example is why the forum history is so important. I believe this badge came out of Germany in the mid-1990s--maybe from the Hero Carsten S. To this point, no original badge has been revealed as far as I know.

Without the forum collector history, I would say this badge would fool almost anybody today until they got it and found out it was not zinc.

I bet if you test your badge, it comes up a different base metal than zinc.

Easy mistake to make and I agree with you, not worth worrying about.

John

Comment

Coastal Artillery

Hello,
                        I agree with John. These badges surfaced in the early 1990's. One I think even showed up in an Adrian Forman price guide. That being said, they are not period.

I also agree that it is not worth worrying about.

Regards,
                        Jody

Comment

Thanks for your information

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X