No announcement yet.

Schwerin Aux Cruiser - Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent example and getting real hard to find. CanĀ“t remember when I last saw one at a show.

MB

Comment

Aux Cruiser

Hello,
      That is a great example and these are very hard to find when compared to the Juncker examples.

Regards,
      Jody

Comment

I agree Jody, still, the Junckers in minty condition are getting hard to find also. Maybe where Schwerin was 7 or 8 years ago. Schwerins though were always hard to find I guess, both in tombak and zinc where Junckers used to be fairly common in comparison--like on Kai Winkler's old site.

Kai always described those Junckers as unmarked Schwerins, remember?

Now they seem to have disappeared in the best conditions so collectors should have picked the nice Junckers up when they had the chance IMO.

John

Comment

Aux Cruiser

Originally posted by John Robinson View Post
          I agree Jody, still, the Junckers in minty condition are getting hard to find also. Maybe where Schwerin was 7 or 8 years ago. Schwerins though were always hard to find I guess, both in tombak and zinc where Junckers used to be fairly common in comparison--like on Kai Winkler's old site.

Now they seem to have disappeared in the best conditions so collectors should have picked the nice Junckers up when they had the chance IMO.

John
          Hi John,
          I agree that any type of KM badge that is nice or mint are few and far between anymore. Mint KM badges will always bring a premium. Always buy with quality in mind.

Regards,
          Jody

Comment

Originally posted by John Robinson View Post

John
            He still does does John.
            He has a few of the unmarked Juncker awards for sale.
            They are described on his site as "typische Schwerin",no mention of Juncker?

Regards,Martin.

Comment

Excellent Badge

At the beginning of this thread and you guys are spot on. Any Naval badge that is Schwerin that is early tombac is at a premium now days as is the unmarked Juncker tombac Auxillairy's. All the nice ones are sucked up into collections and will command premium prices when the owners decide to sell.
              some day

Steve Mezey

Comment

And yet...just to provide a bit of perspective to the views expressed...that elusive and changeable concept of "value" is nowadays largely affected by the medium of the internet.

In this planet of 6 and half billion people, it's only a relative handful that place such value on these badges, and it's the internet that brings us all together to produce a virtual bidding war and facilitate militaria dealers making a decent income.

I'm not saying the badge isn't worth what is suggested, but simply pointing out that it's value is set by the few people who frequent these forums who are in fact the potential buyers.

In a regular antique shop or estate sale outside of a militaria setting, in a physical rather than virtual environment there's little interest in such things, and certainly most of us know our spouses think we're nuts.

But hey, it only takes 3 guys willing to sell their wife's car to buy a mint Schwerin to make a badge really valuable!

Best regards,
                ---Norm

P.S. Beautiful badge!
                Last edited by Norm F; 06-23-2010, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Norm F View Post
                  And yet...just to provide a bit of perspective to the views expressed...that elusive and changeable concept of "value" is nowadays largely affected by the medium of the internet.

In this planet of 6 and half billion people, it's only a relative handful that place such value on these badges, and it's the internet that brings us all together to produce a virtual bidding war and facilitate militaria dealers making a decent income.

I'm not saying the badge isn't worth what is suggested, but simply pointing out that it's value is set by the few people who frequent these forums who are in fact the potential buyers.

In a regular antique shop or estate sale outside of a militaria setting, in a physical rather than virtual environment there's little interest in such things, and certainly most of us know our spouses think we're nuts.

But hey, it only takes 3 guys willing to sell their wife's car to buy a mint Schwerin to make a badge really valuable!

Best regards,
                  ---Norm
                  This is worthy of a thread by itself.
                  This is true. Value and worth are what ever the going market will bear. It is amazing how some little piece of cloth can be worth so much money. Yet if it has an authentic, period piece like the K-verbande sawfish and a couple of swords, it can go for several thousand dollars I still believe that if you collect for yourself and what you enjoy; then you can never go wrong.

Regards,
                  JustinG

Comment

Neat piece, thanks for sharing

Comment

What are these women driving?

Comment

I am glad TE shared the badge with you all. Most of my badges were hidden away in a safe deposit but I brought it out considering selling it due to an impending move.

Thanks for positive comments. BTW - I will trade this badge for any Porsche 911 (that someone's wife is currently using) as long as it's in decent condition.
                        Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

Originally posted by fdodge View Post
                          What are these women driving?
                          Was wondering too. Yugo's`?

Anyway, super nice badge. Thanks for showing Justin

Comment

Originally posted by Norm F View Post

Best regards,
                            ---Norm

P.S. Beautiful badge!
                            Tough choice Norm.

Regards,Martin.
                            Last edited by Martin W; 06-24-2010, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Wives too?

If the wives come with the cars I would keep the badge
                              Steve Mezey

Comment

Was wondering too. Yugo's`?

Does anyone remember the Adobe?
                                Good ol' German engineering vs Mexican know-how.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X