HSF opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by münster View Post
    I cannot believe I missed the swaz, I even had a WAF member at my house who picked it up and said nice badge.
    Dion, we all missed it--except for the eventual buyer--good for him to have figured it out in hand. This is a very important thread as this error could apply to any badge of this period and unlike the shoddy re-nazification attempts, both badges in this thread were quite well done.

Without a side by side badge and maybe computer assisted comparison, this would have been missed by many collectors across the experience spectrum.

As you said, it still has value, but for our purposes that value is educational and priceless in a way. Does not make you feel better I know.

John

Comment

Originally posted by John Robinson View Post
      Dion, we all missed it--except for the eventual buyer--good for him to have figured it out in hand. This is a very important thread as this error could apply to any badge of this period and unlike the shoddy re-nazification attempts, both badges in this thread were quite well done.

Without a side by side badge and maybe computer assisted comparison, this would have been missed by many collectors across the experience spectrum.

As you said, it still has value, but for our purposes that value is educational and priceless in a way. Does not make you feel better I know.

John
      Hi John

Its not the money its just missing something like that. It is a beneficial thread to look out for that.

Best
      Dion
      Iam Uncle Sam
      That’s who Iam
      Been hiding out
      In a rock and roll band

Comment

Well, I do not think you will miss it again or anybody else that has taken the time to follow this thread. How many times have you had a period badge and you (meaning all of us) have taken the time to carefully check the NS insignia, the pin, catch and hinge--especially at a show where you do not have your reference materials handy or computer.

Nothing easy about this and in fact, a bit harder to spot than the outright fakes sold online and at shows.

Again, this could happen to any period badge, not just this one of course.

I bet anybody that has one of these badges is doing a double check right now. I did.

John

Comment

I'm coming back into this thread late, but I can only agree with the other now that it's been pointed out - the first badge has been re-nazified. My apologies for not spotting it the first time around.

Regards
          Mike
          Regards
          Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X