Clear All

HSF opinion

Thank-you again for your opinion concerning this HSF badge :

Original but very well worn.

Regards
    Mike
    Regards
    Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

images re-uploaded from host server
      Attached Files

Comment

reverse
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Michel and others

All you need to know on HSFs is right here

http://members.iinet.net.au/~datumge..._HSF-Intro.htm

1st look for the jagged die flaws on the inner wreath

2nd Look for bow windows and make sure tey have a slightly turned definition

3rd look at front turret and see what definition the middle cannon has

4th Look at hardware on reverse

5th Make sure font on mm is correctly sized and not huge like on most fakes.

If you read that article it is doubtful you will buy a fake again

Norm, its my badge I did not know it was uploaded from a server, I would have uploaded the pics .

Mike, the pics do not capture it properly but the tombak and wreath on this badge glow, to each his own I guess.
          Iam Uncle Sam
          That’s who Iam
          Been hiding out
          In a rock and roll band

Comment

Hi this was my badge I sold some time ago to Michel. He is telling me it is fake.

To me this is as every tombak HSF I picked up, the 2 flaws are present on the inner wreath, the Maker Mark is the correct font and not the larger sized fake font.

He claims the eagle legs are different to originals. In my book this is a textbook Schwerin HSF.

Best
            Dion
            Iam Uncle Sam
            That’s who Iam
            Been hiding out
            In a rock and roll band

Comment

The badge is original but in my opinion the swastika was changed. I think it was a denazified and then renazified piece like the piece i had, look at the attachments. So it is textbook but the swastika is not
              Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Alex,,Michel,,do you have a cam available to make a close up of the swastika?

Best
                Dion
                Iam Uncle Sam
                That’s who Iam
                Been hiding out
                In a rock and roll band

Comment

close up
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by John Robinson View Post
                    close up
                    Thanks John, Iam guessing finish would be present within the inner arms of the swaz? So like Alex I was bambozzled?

Best
                    Dion
                    Iam Uncle Sam
                    That’s who Iam
                    Been hiding out
                    In a rock and roll band

Comment

Original HSF badge eagle by Schwerin, taken from Mike's article. All Schwerin eagles and swaz look this way for the HSF badge.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by John R.; 06-28-2010, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Original HSF badge eagle by Schwerin, taken from Mike's article.
                        Thanks John, That answers my 1st question.

Best
                        Dion
                        Iam Uncle Sam
                        That’s who Iam
                        Been hiding out
                        In a rock and roll band

Comment

I think both badges are period. I have no explanation for the different insignia except from what Alex said. It could have been done during the war by the recipient even or after the war.

I do not see where the badge is a fake, just that the swaz has been redone at some point in time.

You would have to have very good eyes to have noticed this Dion. I missed it also when you first posted it.

Again, I think it is an authentic badge. If Alex is correct and it was de-nazified and redone, then your badge was done far more professionally than the one Alex has. However, in both cases, easy to miss and just shows you how tricky even period badges can be. By this I mean Alex's badge has file marks not noticeable on your badge.

If anybody thinks this badge, Dion's, is not period, please explain the reasons why. I take it the new owner is saying it is a fake, however, outside the swaz, I am not sure if there are other aspects of this badge that he is concerned with.

Dion, there is no question in my mind there is a problem with the swaz, but does the current owner have other problems with the badge that leads him to believe it started life as a fake or is it only the swaz that has led him to this conclusion.

John

Comment

I think both badges are period. I have no explanation for the different insignia except from what Alex said. It could have been done during the war by the recipient even or after the war.

I do not see where the badge is a fake, just that the swaz has been redone at some point in time.

You would have to have very good eyes to have noticed this Dion. I missed it also when you first posted it.

Again, I think it is an authentic badge. If Alex is correct and it was de-nazified and redone, then your badge was done far more professionally than the one Alex has. However, in both cases, easy to miss and just shows you how tricky even period badges can be.

If anybody thinks this badge, Dion's, is not period, please explain the reasons why. I take it the new owner is saying it is a fake, however, outside the swaz, I am not sure if there are other aspects of this badge that he is concerned with.

Dion, there is no question in my mind there is a problem with the swaz, but does the current owner have other problems with the badge that leads him to believe it started life as a fake or is it only the swaz that has led him to this conclusion.

John
                            I misread the buyers comments, he worded it differently and I believed he was trying to say it was fake. I cannot believe I missed the swaz, I even had a WAF member at my house who picked it up and said nice badge.

Do not worry Michel you will be refunded and the badge is still worth something as it is a period piece and Iam sure good for a beginner.

Best
                            Diion

PS and thanks as always John.
                            Iam Uncle Sam
                            That’s who Iam
                            Been hiding out
                            In a rock and roll band

Comment

Very good observation Alex, it even looks like the same guy restored these two badges...

Regards,

Daniel

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X