Billy Kramer

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kriegsmarine Veteran's medals and documents for valuation please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats an interesting destroyer badge, the set uplooks a bit maybauer ish, myabe the Spanish cross also?
    Regards, Rob
    Collecting Inerests Awards / Badges and Kriegsmarine

Comment

Kriegsmarine veteran's continued

Postcard torpedo drilling
      Another shoot of U47 where friend of A Becherer waiving on the tower
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mike,

Everything certainly looks good to me. Your friend should be looking at a bare minimum 2000 Euro from what I've seen so far.

Regards,
        Mike
        Regards
        Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Hi Mike,

That Destroyer badge is very interesting and possibly quite rare. Could you post closer up imagees of the front and reverse?

Best regards,
          ---Norm

Comment

Originally posted by rhudspith View Post
            Thats an interesting destroyer badge, the set uplooks a bit maybauer ish, myabe the Spanish cross also?
            I agree Rob.

Regards,Martin.

Comment

Originally posted by Norm F View Post
              Hi Mike,

That Destroyer badge is very interesting and possibly quite rare. Could you post closer up imagees of the front and reverse?

Best regards,
              ---Norm
              Hi Norm,
              Will post the destroyer badge tonight.
              Regards
              mike

Comment

Something puzzling me.

Documents are not my strong point. However, I am a little concerned. The Zerst. document has torpedoboot Lowe. This is obviously a type misprint. Meaning that this would have been the Torpedoboot Möwe. A mis-type isn't unheard of. But I don't know documentations.
                I would suggest posting the documents to the proper forum. The Adolf Hitler Signature looks a bit more looking like the mid to late model signature?
                Like I said, I don't know too much with documents.
                I am mearly stating some questions I have.

I also wanted to check in Lohmann and Hildebrand

Die Deutsche Kriegsmarine 1939-1945 (c)1956
                Vol. 3
                This volume contains a list of the individuals who served in the Kriegsmarine and their duty assignments and fates.

This is the most accurate source book I know of that exists on the market. There is no Adolf Becherer listed. Now, I am just relaying some questions. I am not an expert. Maybe someone else can help and see if they have an explaination for the misprint.

Regards,
                JustinG

Comment

Originally posted by JustinG View Post
                  Documents are not my strong point. However, I am a little concerned. The Zerst. document has torpedoboot Lowe. This is obviously a type misprint. Meaning that this would have been the Torpedoboot Möwe. A mis-type isn't unheard of. But I don't know documentations.
                  Incorrect.

Torpedoboot Lowe (umlat over the "o") was an ex-Norgegian ship (ex-Gyller) taken over by the KM in 1940. It was one of four taken over, the others being named Tiger (ex-Tor), Panther (ex-Odin) and Leopard (ex Balder). All were built in 1939 or 1940 with 590 ton displacement and a crew of 72. All survided the were and were condemned/broken up in 1959/60.

Regards
                  Mike
                  Regards
                  Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Thanks Mike! This is new to me. Loewe sounds impressive "LION"
                    Hard to imagine that they would keep two vessels with the same name. Since these vessels were lost early on, there wouldn't have been a conflict. Interesting that they made the exception with the torpedoboots and not continue with named Destroyers after the first 21. Torpedoboot Leopard was sunk end of April 1940. Torpedoboot Tiger was sunk w/ collision Sept 1939. I had no idea about those vessels. Thanks for the information; I have some new things to learn. Fun is in the research and finding new, and interesting information. Loewe sounds impressive "LION"
                    Regards,
                    JustinG
                    Last edited by JustinG; 04-19-2010, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Is it my eyes? Or would it appear there was a period cock-up on the Czech Annex medal, as that by the looks is the silver Austrian medal.

A really nice group!

KR

Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus Hatton View Post
                        Is it my eyes? Or would it appear there was a period cock-up on the Czech Annex medal, as that by the looks is the silver Austrian medal.

A really nice group!

KR

Marcus
                        I noticed that also but it is a sudetenland if you chek the date on the reverse. My guess is that it has lost its finish, the ring looks like it has retained the bronze but having said that the other medals especially the long services seem to be in good condition, interesting
                        Last edited by rhudspith; 04-20-2010, 03:20 AM.
                        Regards, Rob
                        Collecting Inerests Awards / Badges and Kriegsmarine

Comment

I am waiting for the photos of the closer up shoot for the back of the medals.
                          Will load the photos once I have them.
                          regards
                          Mike

Comment

Kriegsmarine veteran's continued

Here are the back of the medals.
                            I am putting the group here for sale as agreed by the owner.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X