EdelweissAntique

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kriegsmarine Veteran's medals and documents for valuation please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kriegsmarine Veteran's medals and documents for valuation please.

Hi all,
    A friend of mine would like to sell his father's medals/documents/photos/cap tallies. His father also served in U47 for three months and luckily he transferred to torpedo boat before U47 was sunk.

I am not familiar with Kriegsmarine items so I need your assistance with pricing so I can list them on here. Any question please do not hesitate to contact me standfast@windowslive.com

Here are the photos.

Best regards
    Mike
    Attached Files

Kriegsmarine veteran's continued

Here are the photos of U47 and the torpedo boat he served on.

Thanks
    Mike
    Attached Files

Comment

I thnk he will regret the selling of his fathers medals in the future.

Comment

I agree with earlier comment...especially since this small grouping is still with the family. The family member might regret selling this grouping years from now. Very nice BTW...
        Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did. Quote - Sophie Scholl - White Rose resistance group

Comment

Originally posted by kokstok View Post
          I know, but his decision is firm. I will provide the veteran name once I have the price to put on here. Regards Mike

Comment

What documents and photos are included ion the group, this would effect the price
            Regards, Rob
            Collecting Inerests Awards / Badges and Kriegsmarine

Comment

Originally posted by kokstok View Post
              Hopefully, whoever benefits from it will keep it together, and not spread to the 4 winds. It is sad.

best
              Hank
              Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
              ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Hi Mike,

The pricing depends on whether everything is sold as a grouping with provenance and documentation which commands a premium, vs. individual items which immediately lose their verifiable provenance at that point (sort of like driving a new car off the lot!)

You've posted only some items from the grouping so, in my opinion, all you can expect at this point is to find out the price for each individual item sold separately without provenance. And that depends also on showing better photos of each item with reverse shots and closeups.

Best regards,
                ---Norm

Comment

Mike, from just what you've shown us it's a wonderful grouping (IMO), I just hope if they do have to sell it, it goes to a collector who will appreciate it and never break it up.
                  As Norm said the entire group would have to be shown to determine ballpark value.
                  Greg

Comment

Originally posted by standfast View Post
                    Hi all,
                    A friend of mine would like to sell his father's medals/documents/photos/cap tallies. His father also served in U47 for three months and luckily he transferred to torpedo boat before U47 was sunk.

I am not familiar with Kriegsmarine items so I need your assistance with pricing so I can list them on here. Any question please do not hesitate to contact me standfast@windowslive.com

Here are the photos.

Best regards
                    Mike
                    Here are the certificates that come with the grouping: -
                    Iron cross 2nd class
                    Spanish Cross (service for Condor Legion)
                    Destroyer Badge

I will load the photos tonight and photo of the medals owner.

Regards
                    Mike

Comment

I agree with the above comments. Splitting is something that should not be done to this set. Your friend should see this from all of our comments and would realize the huge financial loss if he was to part with them piece by piece. (If he could sell them all) Lets face it, a DRL sports badge is pretty common and wouldn't fetch too much on it's own as are some of the tallies that you displayed.

If the group includes everything, the tallies, awards and documentations and such. I believe this should fetch around 3000-3500 Euro; this is IMHO of course.
                      Would like to see the documentation however and specifics that tie this member to the U-47. Too bad there wasn't mention of a soldbuch.

Not saying that this is a fabrication but, I am reminded of the saying:
                      "Evaluate the items, not the story!"
                      If the documentation can't be provided, then the group looses the same value as if it was split up and sold seperately.

I am of course, troubled that this individual is giving up a piece of their family history. It is tragic that this family member does not want to hold on to their family legacy.
                      Regards,
                      JustinG
                      Last edited by JustinG; 04-18-2010, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinG View Post
                        I agree with the above comments. Splitting is something that should not be done to this set. Your friend should see this from all of our comments and would realize the huge financial loss if he was to part with them piece by piece. (If he could sell them all) Lets face it, a DRL sports badge is pretty common and wouldn't fetch too much on it's own as are some of the tallies that you displayed.

If the group includes everything, the tallies, awards and documentations and such. I believe this should fetch around 3000-3500 Euro; this is IMHO of course.
                        Would like to see the documentation however and specifics that tie this member to the U-47. Too bad there wasn't mention of a soldbuch.

Not saying that this is a fabrication but, I am reminded of the saying:
                        "Evaluate the items, not the story!"
                        If the documentation can't be provided, then the group looses the same value as if it was split up and sold seperately.

I am of course, troubled that this individual is giving up a piece of their family history. It is tragic that this family member does not want to hold on to their family legacy.
                        Regards,
                        JustinG

Hi Justin,
                        The current owner would like to sell the whole group as one.
                        Regargs
                        Mike

Comment

Here are the photos of the documents
                          Spanish cross
                          Destroyer
                          Attached Files

Comment

Another document and the back of all medals

EKll
                            Medals
                            Attached Files

Comment

Adolf Becherer (DOB 24/08/1914)
                              Places of action - Legion Condor, Bohemia, Norway, Crete - mainly on torpedo boats and 3 months serving on U47

1. Adolf Becherer sitting on the reling of a destroyer "tiger"
                              2. Adolf Becherer on course study - 3rd from the left top corner
                              3. Postcard showing drilling of fire torpedo
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X