Rare Make of U-Boat Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

This is my mini UKA by Zimmermann on LDO paper with L/52 stamp.

Regards,

Michel
    Attached Files
    Ohne Seemacht, keine Weltmacht !

Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=522068

Always interested by Kriegsmarine headgear, uniform and U-Boot related items.

Comment

Thanks Gordon and Michel, very interesting. I never noticed that resemblance between the minis and there big brothers before.

Probably I never payed to much attention because somehow I was convinced that most of these minis were fantasy pieces. That will however change from now on. How many different PAB makers were there

KR
      Philippe

Comment

Face
        Attached Files
        Ohne Seemacht, keine Weltmacht !

Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=522068

Always interested by Kriegsmarine headgear, uniform and U-Boot related items.

Comment

Michel;,

That is real beauty

Comment

Excellent and very interesting thread

Skip
            LOOKING FOR ALL ITEMS CONNECTED TO HERBERT SCHOB.

Comment

great thread! and you thought you were getting close to finishing up your PAB collection Philippe .
              Best, Sal

Michel, I love that mini on the LDO paper! Do you want to sell it?

Comment

Hi Sal,

Tell me something.

Now that I finally decisded not to go after all possible hinge pin and catch combination both in Silver and Bronze by all of the different PAB makers, something like this comes up .

Hope there arent to many variations in attaching the pins to those minis

KR
                Philippe

Comment

Originally posted by Philippe DB
                  Hi Sal,

Tell me something.

Now that I finally decisded not to go after all possible hinge pin and catch combination both in Silver and Bronze by all of the different PAB makers, something like this comes up .

Hope there arent to many variations in attaching the pins to those minis

KR
                  Philippe
                  Hi Philippe,
                  Well I learned something from this, it is a never ending collection! But since you have to do the minis now, maybe you might as well do all the hinge and pin variations as well
                  Look at it this way, you would be bored if you actually finished !
                  Best, Sal

Comment

Sal, if Phil goes for the minis at the same rate he´s collected the full size he´ll be finished by Christmas

Skip]
                    LOOKING FOR ALL ITEMS CONNECTED TO HERBERT SCHOB.

Comment

Just arrived from Thomas Huss today, here is the "uncensored" front view of the big fella alongside his little brother.
                      Last edited by Gordon Williamson; 08-30-2008, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Looks very nice!

Hi Gordon!

I seen this on Huss' site when he recently updated, but have never seen this maker style before, so was very hesitant. Tom is pretty good though IMO.

My question is, having read through the old booklet A Collectors Guide to U-Boat Insignia by you and Jamie Cross, is there any new updated reference material with more maker style badges and detailed information for the collector to see the different original styles out there?
                        Tim
                        Last edited by Tim Ball; 02-09-2004, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Hello,

I have this 16 mm mini and I just saw that this could be maker-identified. Amazing! Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dietrich
                          Attached Files
                          B&D PUBLISHING
                          Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Here's a close up..
                            B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

..and heres is the 9 mm little bother (I really like Minis )
                              Attached Files
                              B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Ball
                                Hi Gordon!

I seen this on Huss' site when he recently updated, but have never seen this maker style before, so was very hesitant. Tom is pretty good though IMO.

My question is, having read through the old booklet A Collectors Guide to U-Boat Insignia by you and Jamie Cross, is there any new updated reference material with more maker style badges and detailed information for the collector to see the different original styles out there?
                                Tim
                                Tim,

It always pays to be cautious with a style you haven't encountered before (MInd you, I'm glad you were, - else you might have grabbed it before I did )
                                Interestingly, as well as the U-Boat Badge with Diamonds, Oakleaves winner Carl Emmermann got this version. Its illustrated with his other awards in the recent "War Booty" book from Schiffer.

I'm in the final stages of preparation of a book on U-Boat Uniforms/Insignia etc for Bender Publishing which will include a large section on the U-Boat Badges and their award documents This will cover all the known variants I have managed to track down.

Dietrich, your mini looks pretty much the same style as Michel's I'd say its either a Zimmermann or Schickle.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X