• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rhudspith View Post
    Looks refinished
    I agree.

MB

Comment

I guess the million $ question is ... what is this badge made of? Sure looks like Tombak, but why the flat disk mounting for the catch?

But yes ... to me it also looks refinished. It's been residing on the dealers site for ages ... so I would assume most that have looked at it are concerned.

Comment

gives weight at 22g and specifys "fire guilding " i have dealt with Paul before and he seems a decent enough guy with a good returns policy,is 22g a typical weight for a tombak or zinc badge?

Comment

This is a zinc badge IMO. You can see a plate under the hinge if I am not mistaken. The plate under the catch is not evident on tombak badges.

The finish does not look right, too bright, strange striations on the back of the badge. Who knows who the maker is.

Not one that adds much to a collection. If you are looking for a nice finished tombak badge, this is not the one.

Take your time Terry, no rush in this hobby. This has nothing to do with the seller, we are just talking about the badge you posted.

John

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for the imput on this one.
            This badge is a zinc example, refinished? Well, I did not think so or I would have said so. I absolutely respect the wealth of knowledge and experience here. Given the opinions I will pull this from sale and take it to the show and get a few hands-on opinions. Pending review I will remove from sale.
            Thank you to those who took the time to email me.
            Warm Regards
            Paul
            www.lakesidetrader.com

sigpic

Comment

IMO, there is nothing wrong with this badge. It's a zinc Deumer that happens to be mint. I have seen several with the same finish with varying degrees of wear posted here with no concerns. Regards, Ron.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X