Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GWl Uboot Badge, good or bad?

Dear Collectors,

I have been offered this uboot badge and was wondering if any of the experts can give me their opinion. For some reason its only allowing me to upload one picture at a time. Any opinions would be appreciated as these badges are widely reproduced. There is about 50% of the finish left on the badge and the dealer is looking for £220 for it. Is that a fair price to pay?

Thanks in advance.

Mike
    Attached Files

Gwl

Hi, weight should be 18,1 gram for this zinker. regards, chris

Comment

Hi Mike reverse looks good, but cant see any pics of the front? £220 is pretty much the standard rate of these dependant on condition, nicer ones going for more. All the best

Comment

You can only download one image at a time on this forum. So you need to post the obverse on another post in the same thread. Some forums you can download multiple images in one post, but not here. Just a system restriction.

It is a period badge though without even seeing the front.

For price, lets see the front first. Do not be in a rush on this one.

Seems like I am telling everybody not to buy or not to be in a rush these days.

I also seem to be not in agreement with others on condition. Collecting goals come in play of course and so does the amount of money you are willing to spend on these badges. Becomes a bit complicated since each of us have individual and unique requirements and goals naturally.

I just think members should really take their time and decide what they are doing before buying anything. In other words a game plan based on condition, makers, types, etc. So work it out and then start filling holes.

Just buying and buying with no clear plan is not the way to go. This is not directed at you by the way, just a general comment. and there is nothing worse than spending this kind of money and thinking you should have waited.

Glad you posted here first though, that is the correct first step and get the views of others before you decide.

John

Comment

These badges are widely reproduced and show up all over the place. However, the repros, while good, are not good enough. John

Comment

I was thinking the GWL company didnt make a sub badge, but i may be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
              I was thinking the GWL company didnt make a sub badge, but i may be wrong.
              Please refer to the pinned thread at the top--makers of KM badges. John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X