U-Boot Badge thin pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U-Boot Badge thin pin

I don't have a picture but saw a U-Boot badge that looked very good. The draw back was the thin pin rather then the bottle shaped one. The pin looked correct and the badge looked good as far as I could tell. I did notice a very small faint makers mark in a circle but could not make it out. Does this sound familar to the badge experts? $300 was the asking price.

Needle pins were applied to genuine U-boat badges by certain manufacturers. With a circular maker mark, you could be looking at a weakly raised RK marking or a stamped UU (Wiedmann, sorry, no umlats) marking. As both have been faked, pics would be required.

Regards
    Mike
    Regards
    Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

The pin and hinge/clasp looked very convincing. I could not see the maker's mark because it was so small. Next time I'll have to bring a loop and a camera.

Comment

Perhaps it may look something like this GWL in a circle?

Regards,
        -wagner-

Comment

Thanks.... for posting that. I think this is it as Mike pointed out.... the hinge may have been a little different.... Lorenzo Brown site.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X