Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honor Roll Kriegsmarine

Hello,

These Are The Only Pics I Have At The Moment. Any Chance Of Being Good? Thanks In Advance.

Tom
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

From what I have seen it looks good

KM experts will give you the final but I'm liking it :O)

Comment

More and better pictures neede, but so far so good!

Comment

Maybe

I am no expert but I have seen many pics of these in the last few years. The detail looks good on the obverse features but I also agree more pics/angles will help. I would like to see the slightly off-center hole atop the anchor loop but it is hard to tell from this picture. The pins are the type I am used to seeing on the Heer versions of this badge. I would feel more comfortable with the nail type prongs that are scored near the bottom where they attach to the badge on these KM clasps.

Best Regards, Kale

Comment

I'm not so sure if I would have bought this clasp with only these pictures.
            The tip of the anchor seems off center and so does the top loop.
            There is a bigger space between the anchor and the oaks then I would like to see.
            You cant see the anchor between the top of the swaz (not sure how it looks between the bottom of the swaz because of the white paper).
            And I agree with Kale regarding the prongs.

Better pictures would really help a lot.
            I'm not and expert so please wait for other opinions.

regards,
            André

Comment

Repro..

Hi Tom,

I echo the sentiments of some others and based upon what I see in those photos think it is a repro. Here are my concerns based upon comparisons with photographs and three originals I have viewed in hand.

Hole in anchor ring in not offset the way I have seen on authentic pieces.

Tips of anchor flukes too far from wreath.

I would expect to see pointed pins with multiple ribs at base where they bend.

Cross bar on anchor does not appear to be straight across. The right side (as we view it) appears to be tilted upwards.

Bottom tip of anchor is canted off line from line of the main shaft.

Hopefully John Robinson, Mike Kenny or Jody Beltram will be along shortly and either confirm our concerns or further our education if we are incorrect.

Kind regards,
              Stu

Comment

Hi Tom,

Don't like this one, in my opinion it is a fake and I believe John Robinson will agree. For me there is only one universally excepted original and if not the same as that then I would pass. This one has too many things wrong with it as mentioned above but also tend to look a little flat when compared to the one below. Having said all that Detlev did sell one of the type you show show a few years ago, but again would not have been for me.

Pics of the accepted original
                Attached Files
                Last edited by rhudspith; 12-02-2008, 05:07 AM.
                Regards, Rob
                Collecting Inerests Awards / Badges and Kriegsmarine

Comment

rev
                  Attached Files
                  Regards, Rob
                  Collecting Inerests Awards / Badges and Kriegsmarine

Comment

I think Stu put together a good summary of the "question marks" over the example at the top of the thread. It's certainly not one I'd want to add to my collections.

Regards
                    Mike
                    Regards
                    Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Thanks To Everyone For Youre Responses. Luckily This Piece Is Not In My Collection, But Was Offered To Me By Someone That Has Picked Up Pieces For Me In The Past.

Tom

Comment

I Had Requested Extra Pics Yesterday When I Started The Thread, So I Figure I Post Them As Well.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Add 2
                          Attached Files

Comment

I have now compared it with my clasp and I must now say "save your money".

Comment

KM Honor Roll Clasp

Hello,
                              I am late, but as an owner of one of these I would say-save your money. Stu and others have listed what is wrong with it.

You can search this site for my example and others like mine. Andre for example has a boxed double hinged example like mine.

Regards,
                              Jody

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X