Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help needed

hi all
    i am not a regular on the km foerum as i am more a youth collector but i had these direct from a vet with other things but as i have no interest in km items these are wasted on me so i am going to sell them to people who will appreciate them.
    i have looked on other sites for a guide to price but am having trouble finding any for sale and the ones i do find seem too expensive to me,so could someone please pm me with a rough idea of price for these three pieces
    any help is much appreciated
    stu
    Attached Files

hrers the reverses
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Stuart they are of no value, send them to me

Sorry cant be of any help All the best

Comment

Left to right:

30 USD due to broken pin, 45 USD due to bent pin and what appears to be a repair, 10 USD due to broken pin. All of these cap badges are delicate even when you get them in one piece, that is why the pins break off so easily. In addition, since they were never meant for the sailor's cap they were hard to keep in place, so the sailors did bend the pin to try to create a tight fit resulting in the many strange twists we see in these emblems' pins.

Or I should say the cap was never meant for this eagle to be on it.

Basically, for the two without a pin, I am not sure what you can do with them but a display board of some type. If they were intact and good shape, I would put the value left to right at 120, 70 and 70. John

John
        Last edited by John R.; 11-21-2008, 10:31 AM.

Comment

thanks john

Comment

This type of badge may well have been worn by the HJ at some point,the HJ Marine.

Martin.
            Attached Files

Comment

There were several styles used in the KM, with the RSS 40 type (#3) seeming to pop up more than the others in recent years. I also do not think the RSS 40 has been faked but the cap eagle has been faked. None of these are fakes I believe.

In the case of the MHJ, they used the combination type eagle but as indicated in the photo and this photo. The one in #1 as below for example, also used in the KM. You see them wearing normally no eagle, but also with all the above eagles on their caps.

These photos might help. John
              Attached Files

Comment

And the separate eagle, which could have been #2 or #3 above, same as the KM. John
                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                X