Narvik & Aux. War Cruiser pick up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Narvik & Aux. War Cruiser pick up

These just came in the mail today, and I am pretty darn happy about it! The shields are zinc and have just a trace of golden gilt left. One has a small moth hole on the back, and both have a little zinc pest. The Aux War Cruiser is a minty late one. The medium grade KM admin official trade badge is nice and the Heer summer uniform eagle is an early maker marked aluminum one. Not a bad little grouping! Too bad I don't collect KM!
    Attached Files

Backs. These were all brought home by a Canadian vet. The Aux War Cruiser is not maker marked.
    Attached Files

Comment

nice!im going to stick my neck out and say the aux is a unmarked junckers!!!!!(lets hope iv learned something!!!)

Comment

The Shields look nice.....any chance of a closer look at them.

KR.......Peter

Comment

I'd be happy to Peter. Probably tomorrow morning.

All the best - Mike

Comment

The Auxiliary Cruiser is a nice early tombak badge that is attributed to Juncker.

Regards,Martin.

Comment

very nice auxiliary cruiser badge there

Comment

Hi Mike,

I can't add anything re the Aux Cr comments above, but I can say that as you have a KM admin official trade badge as part of the grouping, then the breast eagle is more likely a KM breast eagle for admin personnel - they used silver buttons/insignia instead of the standard gold for normal KM personnel.

Any marking on the back of the breast eagle? eg a faint raised small "diamond M"

Regards
                Mike
                Regards
                Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

"Any marking on the back of the breast eagle? eg a faint raised small "diamond M"

You are correct Sir! Would it be safe to say this is more rare than it's Heer counterpart?

Best regards - Mike

Comment

As a breast eagle, it's not rare. Yes, the KM admin eagle is much rarer than the Heer breast eagle.

The trouble with the metal breast eagles is that Heer standard was silver finished and KM standard was gilt finished however Heer generals used gilded eagles and KM admin used silvered eagles.

Without provenance, there's generally no way to tell.

With your grouping having KM admin provenance, it would make the KM silvered breast eagle uncommon, but not really any more expensive! KM admin is not a highly sought after branch.

Regards
                    Mike
                    Regards
                    Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                    X