Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help

Hi guys,

Writting a artical about Kriegsmarine I'm looking for, please a good photo of 2 Mutzenband :

20. Schiffstammabteilung
    and
    16. Schiffstammabteilung

Please if you got (one or the both !) of these Mutzenband, please contact me.

Regards

Christophe

I am not sure these two tallies exist. I will try to find out for you. I know they are listed in some references, but as far as the tally goes, I will have to do some research. John

Comment

Thanks a lot for that John

Comment

I have sent messages to Germany asking about this question but I will also contact German member CSForrester by PM and refer him to this thread. He is a noted expert in muetzenbander (tallies).

Let me send him a PM now. He should know or be able to find out.

John
        Last edited by John R.; 11-19-2008, 11:33 AM.

Comment

OK, PM sent. By the way, I would be interested in your research when complete. Just PM me with your email address and I will send you mine. French OK in the article.

John
          Last edited by John R.; 11-19-2008, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Hello Christof and John,

tallies for the 16 and 20 were never produced, so you will get some problems to get pictures.
            The 14. was the last who received tallies from Marinebekleidungsamt Wilhelmshaven, from 15. up they received only "Kriegsmarine".
            On September 3rd 1939 the production of other tallies than "Kriegsmarine" was forbidden. All former ribbons had to be changed, a process until summer 1940. First ships and flottillas received the new tallies, at least also the shore-units.
            So the last ship that received tallies with the ships name was Zerstörer Anton Schmitt and the crew wore the ribbons only one time, on September 22nd, for the ceremonial to take the ship in active service.
            Christof, i hope you have done your homework before you start writing about the Kriegsmarine.

Regards
            Markus

Comment

Thanks Markus for the reply--it was as I thought, the tallies never existed. Christof, Markus is a good source of information for details such as this as you develop your magazine article.

Please feel free to contact me by PM if I can be of any other assistance also. You probably already have Jak Showell's History of the German Navy in WWII--a good source for organizational information of the Kriegsmarine and short histories of most of the units.

John

Comment

Thanks a lot guys for that. Dont worry Markus my article will be not about the Kriegsmarine tallies !!! (damage you loose the worst article never write )

More seriousement, my writing is about a KM Soldbuch...

Regards

Christophe

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X