Clear All

This can't be any good!

No good right? Ron.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Well it's obviously not a schwerin. As for complete fake- well- if the shoulders of the bird were well separated from the head I'd say definitely. However, there are some details of the badge that look very similar to the hymmen type (but not hymmen manufactured) badge shown in Gordon Williamson's book on pg. 171-172. I don't know if anyone else has seen a fake hymmen type without the cut out shoulders. In addition, I don't see any evidence of shear marks that you might expect on a tombak badge. A good cast of a hymmen type? The wreath details on the originals was weak for this type, so not too much to go on there.

All that being said, I wouldn't buy it myself. But that's just my opinion.

Comment

Ron,

no good, indeed.

Martin.

Comment

No, not good!

Comment

HI Ron not good. All the best

Comment

U-boat badge

Hi Ron,
                The badge is a fake and dates from the 1970's (I was offered one at Roger Steele's Hollywood Militaria in the early 70's). There is an example on display at a military shop in Arizona. Here is the link (along with my comments on the piece). BTW, I was mis-quoted (about the horizontal pins only being found on Imperial badges), but the piece is still bad. I made those comments almost 10 years ago and yet the badge is used on the site as an original example.

So you now have its mate. I hope they are not breeding again.

Here is the link on your fake badge: http://quanonline.com/military/milit.../submarine.php

Regards,
                Jody

Comment

Thanks guys. Confirmed my doubts. Ron.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X