Lakeside Trader - 2nd Banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first Kriegsmarine badge in my collection!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first Kriegsmarine badge in my collection!

Yes, this is my first Kriegsmarine award in my collection

I do not collect them along with Luftwaffe items, i do have very spesific interests, anyway i found it at a very good price and i couldn't resist to it

It's an unmarked piece in very good condition, quite heavy and slightly vaulted, it's a very nice badge.

Well guys, what do you think about who is the maker of this badge?

It's very close for unmarked Aurich.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Back:
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Comment

3DH
      Attached Files
      sigpic

Comment

3DC
        Attached Files
        sigpic

Comment

Hi Chris,

Congratulations on your first KM badge.

These are nice and original badges but they are not made by H. Aurich in my opinion. The reverse shows some similarities but the observe is quit different.

I wouldn't now who made them but they are nice quality zink badges that show great detail. Most obvious feature of these coastal arties is the very thin gun barrel. However there also exits a fake with the same thin barrel so don't trust this as a feature for a good badge, in most cases it isn't.

I'll post you mine for comparison and If I'm not mistaken Jan Arne also has one in his collection. Mine is in realy nice condition with 95% of its original finish. The back is just a little dirty but I choose not to clean it.

KR
          Philippe
          Attached Files

Comment

Unmarked Coastal Artillery reverse
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Phillipe,

Thanks for the info

Yes there are great badges, your's is in much better condition and you right to leave it in that way.

Any other posibilities about the maker?

FLL maker marked badges are more crude in construction so i don't think is FLL.

How many other makers are left? except from the known makers such Otto Placzeck etc.
              sigpic

Comment

Hi Chris,

In respons to your question, trying to find a maker of a badge realy isn't that important to me. For some badges it's possible and for other I'm afraid it's just not possible.

Most important for me is to be sure that I have an original badge, rather then to worry if the variances in my mm badge are acceptable.

Maybe these badges were produced by HA or FLL but as long as nobody comes up with a mm badge of this type we will never be able to tell for sure won't we?

KR
                Philippe

Comment

Wernstein it is

Hi Chris,

I hope your not on holiday but I found the maker of our badge.

Just look at John's post on the e-stand

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=29847

Alltough the catch is a little different, the observe is a 100% match, down to the strangly bend left claw. So Yet an other "Wernstein" to add to our collection.

KR
                  Philippe

Comment

I think mine is the same type. Was never sure it was correct. Now that it looks like its right, I'll send it to the e-stand, as soon as I can take some better pics. I'm just not into the Kreigs stuff. Luft being my thing.

Regards
                    Ken
                    Attached Files

Comment

A look at the back.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X