Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back .

Jan Arne
    Last edited by Jan Arne S; 03-26-2005, 03:23 AM.

Comment

Awesome badges everyone!!! I firmly belvieve that if you have one of these early Schewrins, you do not need to upgrade.

Yuri

Comment

Hi Guy's,

Thanks a lot Yuri and others for showing me what I don't have.

I always was quit happy with my old unmarked Schwerin even if it was a zinker, but due to this thread I need to add one other badge to my shopping list.

Here is a scan of the old warhorse so you guy's know that not everybody is so lucky

KR
        Philippe
        Attached Files

Comment

U-boat reverse
          Attached Files

Comment

Guys, I'd like to pop this thread back to the top since I'm looking to purchase a Schwerin Uboat badge. Yuri made an interesting comment about the variety of pins, catches, and fonts for the maker's mark. My question is whether or not there is a preferable mark/pin combo to look for, or were these actually made with numerous combinations?
            Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

Very nice badges guys

A nice "tombak" badge is on the top of my want list.

Terrence

Comment

Hi guys,

haveĀ“nt got one of these yet myself, but I assume that Yuri and Bills type with heads on the hinge pins, round wire catches and large font MMs are very early pieces. The other types like Jodys and Jans with no head on the hinge pin and flat wire catches are later pieces. The early ones appear to also have a slightly better strike.
                If I had the choice I would of course go for one of the really early ones.

Skip
                LOOKING FOR ALL ITEMS CONNECTED TO HERBERT SCHOB.

Comment

Not convinced that there is any real evidence to suggest which one of these Schwerin "types" pre-dates the other and can be considered "earlier" or "later". The absence of a head on the pin doesn't really help as the type with flat wire catch can also be found with a "headed" pin in the catch. There are at least three different Schwerin stamps in relation to font style and size that you can find on their U-Boat badge and at least five or six different pin/hinge set up combinations.

Comment

No evidence, just a feeling Gordon.

Skip
                    LOOKING FOR ALL ITEMS CONNECTED TO HERBERT SCHOB.

Comment

Thanks Gordon, I guess that means there's really no hard and fast rule. Good to know! I'll post before I pay.
                      Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

Two Types

I have noticed that there are generally two types of badge, one where the eagle has a slim neck and frosted top wing (Generally found with the round wire catch and maker marked) and one with a fat neck and burnished top wing (generally found with the silver square section catch, sometimes maker marked). I believe one definately pre-dates the other but not quite sure which way round, perhaps the answer is in Philippe's zinc badge.

The fat neck version, seems to more dificult to find in top condition
                        Attached Files
                        Regards, Rob
                        Collecting Inerests Awards / Badges and Kriegsmarine

Comment

Two Types

And the slim neck version
                          Attached Files
                          Regards, Rob
                          Collecting Inerests Awards / Badges and Kriegsmarine

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X