Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unmarked Minesweeper Badge

HI,

Not too good with Navy badges and wasn't sure if this is original or not. ANy info would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Attached Files

back
    Attached Files

Comment

sorry forgot to attach photo

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Personally I have never been keen on this type of Minesweeper with the scaled eagle, catch looks to thick, hinge looks wrong, colouration is very similar to the fake Aux cruisers I have come across. I have looked at these on many occassions and just dont care for them. Sorry but would not be one for my Collection. All the best

Comment

Though I have nothing to back this up, I tend to agree with the above comments. For some reason, this piece says after market to me. I don't know if it's the metal or the finish or the PICS, but I am very suspicious of this one. Very flat looking in details and finish.

Maybe I am wrong here, but I don't care for it either.
              Tim

Comment

I can only agree with mrg and Tim. Something overall is not right, probably the base metal. The obverse detail looks strange as well, like it has been painted/ muddy looking. I would pass.
                Regards,
                Brian

Comment

Hi,

Personally the above negatives sum up my first impressions as well. It's trying to be a zinc badge but to me it doesn't look zinc. The hazy pics may have something to do with it. From what I can see, also not for my collection.

Regards
                  Mike
                  Regards
                  Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Was a concensus reached on this one? Sounds like it is no good. If so, id like to post in the repro section, of course pending the owners permission and confirmation it's a reproduction piece.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X