No announcement yet.

Some Schwerin hsf from Tirpitz opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cool! I love the before and after pics. Thanks for sharing! best wishes,
    jeff
    Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

A great thread, really good read, especially with the link to the Tirpitz wreck site included .

Comment

Of course, now a bunch of guys are thinking, 'Hey, I could go diving there... '

best
        Hank
        Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
        ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by hankmeister View Post
          Of course, now a bunch of guys are thinking, 'Hey, I could go diving there... '

best
          Hank

I can get my hands on a few of these badges, so if anyone is interested then please let me know. I'm going through another person so I don't know the owner in person. I was told that the owner wants to know what price he could get for a badge because he don't want to set a price on them himself.

/André

Comment

I live 15 minutes drive away from the wreck site.

Unfortunately, there's no protection for what's left of her even though almost 1000 men died when she capsized. That means there's a lot of diver activity there, they bring up all sorts including human remains, and throw away what they think is uninteresting. I've picked up KM uniform items, some of which were obviously being worn when they went in the water, as well as other bits and pieces lying on the shoreline.
            Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Absolutly awesome looking badges, it will be interesting to see what they sell for..
              I wish I could have one, the HSF badge is my favorite KM badge, and from the Tirpiz no less, what a find. I dont own a HSF YET... LOL, but one day.
              Van

Comment

Thats quality. 60 years in the saltwater and still looking good. Lets not forget the german soldiers who died there captured inside the hull of Tirpitz. Give them a few seconds of your time.

Peter

Comment

One question keeps coming up when i read this thread, is this wreak concidered a war grave? if so these items are a bit illegal or am i wrong???

Comment

Originally posted by kokstok View Post
                    One question keeps coming up when i read this thread, is this wreak concidered a war grave? if so these items are a bit illegal or am i wrong???
                    I don't know honestly.
                    Anyone have some information regarding this?
                    I know that these badges was found in a big pile with other medals so they are not "taken" from the soldiers.

/André

Comment

Originally posted by Van View Post

Absolutly awesome looking badges, it will be interesting to see what they sell for..
                      I wish I could have one, the HSF badge is my favorite KM badge, and from the Tirpiz no less, what a find. I dont own a HSF YET... LOL, but one day.
                      Van
                      I have been told that he wants EUR 370,- (NOK 3000,-) for 1 badge.
                      I think he has 10 - 20 badges left.

/André

Comment

Its always nice to see original HSF badges. I am somewhat surprised though that at this late stage in the war the badges are not zinc. Thoughts?

Best,
                        T

Comment

Originally posted by Terrence View Post
                          Its always nice to see original HSF badges. I am somewhat surprised though that at this late stage in the war the badges are not zinc. Thoughts?

Best,
                          T
                          They could be early badges stored onboard Tirpitz for years before she was finaly destroyed.

Peter

Comment

I wish he would put some up for sale on the Estand, I would like to have that bright yellow gold looking one, I think it has an awesome look to it....
                            It would be neat to see some of the other badges and medals if possible.
                            Thanks for the post, a very neat and sombre part of history.
                            Van

Comment

Very interesting thread! It's not far from my house to where Tirpitz ended her days!

Comment

Even tho 1000 men died on Tirpitz, the salvage firm removed most of the bodies, they dumped them in some deep part of the fjord (i read)

Tiripitz ain't much of a war grave. It's been to much activity there. Everything is a pile of rubble and if it wasn't for divers, items like these badges would of been gone forever.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X