fo MAKERMARK on UBOOT Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fo MAKERMARK on UBOOT Badge

What is the feeling about this makermark? It is not a 'variation' that I am familiar with. (Image from a Dealer's site and will be removed by request.)

Regards,
    Mark

Last edited by mmiller; 12-18-2005, 07:14 AM.
    "You can check out any time you like ..... But you can never leave....."

Hi Mark very weak and not what i would expect to see. All the best

Comment

That was exactly my feeling, too. The letters, even though they are weak, do not seem aligned. So that is two problems. Also, no line under 'fo' and no ',' stops, after the letters.

Regards,
      Mark

Originally posted by mrg
      Hi Mark very weak and not what i would expect to see. All the best

Comment

Hi Mark,

Agreed, definately not a typical Orth marking. Looks vague and amateurish (sp), as if someone added it to the reverse die as an afterthought, maybe to try and increase the value of an otherwise unmarked "reproduction".

What does the rest of the badge look like?

Tom D.
        If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
        [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
        Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

I agree, looks quite bad. Does the rest of the badge crespond to Orth's design?
          best wishes,
          jeff
          Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Jeff, Tom, MRG,

Here are images of the rest of the badge. I will remove the images if the owner requests me to.

Mark

Comment

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Due to the appearance of the maker mark on this particular badge, I wouldn't want it in my collection. The maker mark is wrong in so many ways that I would always question the originality of the badge. Just my opinion

Best Regards
              Mike
              </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
              </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

The rest looks OK, but like Mike I wouldn't want it. Too bad the makermark looks so bad. Is it my imagination or does it appear that the hinge has been replaced?
                best wishes,
                jeff
                Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Hi guys I agree front does not look too bad although the eagles head does not look 100% right but that could be down to the distance of the pic. As for the reverse, the mm especially im still not that keen, like Mike has said not one for my collection, to many doubts. All the best.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X