Opinions on this Minesweeper badge please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on this Minesweeper badge please

Offered to me per e-mail. Not sure of it, the back sort of puts me off. Only pix I have right now, and truthfully leaning towards not buying it. EK 2 and VWA schwarz also with it. No background or history on them...
    thanks in advance!
    Hank
    Last edited by hankmeister; 01-05-2006, 09:59 AM.
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Rear

Here's the back
    Last edited by hankmeister; 01-05-2006, 09:59 AM.
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.

Comment

Hi Hank,

I understand your hesitation due to the quality, but the badge is fine and believed to be attributed to Herman Aurich.

KR
      Peter
      Attached Files

Comment

Dear Peter,

how can it be attributed to Aurich when it clearly show the "LM" mm?
        Attached Files
        Regards
        Hans N

Don´t throw away your fake WB´s! Get in touch with me.
        I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

Hi Hank i understand your concerns, going of the pics it seems to have an awfull lot of pitting on the reverse, which also looks alittle soft too me. Not an Aurich award. All the best

Comment

Hi Hank,

Your Minesweeper looks like a heavily worn "LM" original to me - a zincer of course. Same form (obverse/reverse and hinge/pin/catch) as the Aurich Minesweepers but a maker mark no-one has as yet figured out. It's not a common variant.

Regards
            Mike K
            Regards
            Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Hmmm, thanks much for the info so far. I'll see what the seller is asking for it, and go from there.
              ANy more info or opinions greatly welcomed. The MM and soft details on the back were my main concerns. I thought the front looked pretty good.

best,
              Hank

Comment

Hi Hans,

That's a well founded question and this thread will shed some light over my response. Perhaps I should have said "believed by some". That fact of the matter is that this reference has been made in several other threads.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=26447

KR
                Peter

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X