Minesweeper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minesweeper

Whilst the discussion on minesweepers is on can I ask your opinions on this one?
    Although quite worn I think it is good. However what intrigues is the quality of guilding over the wear.
    Thanks for your thoughts!

Cheers!
    Russell.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Russellh
    Whilst the discussion on minesweepers is on can I ask your opinions on this one?
    Although quite worn I think it is good. However what intrigues is the quality of guilding over the wear.
    Thanks for your thoughts!

Cheers!
    Russell.
    Attached Files

Comment

ms

please post top, side and angle views of the catch and hinge.

It's hard to tell but so far perhaps one of these 2 following ms might match your hinge. The catch may be a replacement on yours but it needs further evaluation.

Without being at hand, it's difficult making a final judgement on the obverse finish. But that being said, if I looked at your pictures considering a purchase; I would assume that it was painted at some time. Note particularly the loss of detail on the obverse of the eagle where the primary, secondary and other feather lines that are barely noticeable.

(1)
      https://www.weitze.net/ search for 58792. Note that catch looks re-soldering.

(2)
      http://www.philipp-militaria.de search for 65763. This one has a very similar catch and hinge but since the top of your hinge is not seen; no definitive conclusion can be drawn. Better pictures may show these two to be related. But there are other issues of compatibility: lenght of pin, catch metal, position of catch and finish on reverse. And who knows what else other observant eyes can notice.

But these are the closest hinge setups I can find in my archives. Post more pictures.

Tony (NJ)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X