Gisela Florian jacket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gisela Florian jacket

I just love attributable items, so I thought I would share my BDM jacket belonging to Gisela Florian, daughter of Karl Florian (1894-1975), Gauleiter of Gau Düsseldorf. Also shown is a photograph of 15 year-old Gisela wearing this same jacket with her father and mother taken in 1943. Also with the group are her BDM papers and letters written by her father to her, before, during and after the war. He comes over as a deeply caring family man, even rather religious.
    Gisela_jkt.jpg

Gisela_WAF2.jpg

Gisela2.jpg

Very nice jacket. The girls probably like these they're very stylish. I can't tell are the buttons the HJ/DJ style or are they plain. I have one of these and it has plain leather buttons.

Comment

super nice !

Comment

Thanks Guys, it's great to have the picture showing the jacket being worn. The buttons are leather.

Comment

Excellent estate to the one person and lovely to see it wasn't broken up.

Comment

Incredible grouping and very nice BDM Kletterveste . The buttons seem to be the early plain leather style .

Comment

Thanks Guys - breaking up groups is an absolute tragedy in my opinion - I am so glad this has all stayed together.

Comment

Hello gents, whatever jacket ("Kletterweste") sweet Gisela is wearing in the photograph it is for sure NOT the Kletterweste shown in the collection which, in reverse, could have been owned by Gisela but is not the one in the photograph...
                Greetings, daggers.1-2.JPG

Comment

Daggers I can't really see what angle your coming from? I thought possibly the button second from the bottom looks like it is a replacement and on looking at the original picture the same button looks like it may be missing, giving credibility to what looks like a new button replacement. Just a thought I'm probably wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by daggers View Post
                    Hello gents, whatever jacket ("Kletterweste") sweet Gisela is wearing in the photograph it is for sure NOT the Kletterweste shown in the collection which, in reverse, could have been owned by Gisela but is not the one in the photograph
                    Also the top button sits much lower in the period foto - ant the pocket flaps are more pointed.
                    Still a nice jacket!

Comment

Very nice, thanks for sharing

Mike

Comment

Would seem the pockets have different corners picture jacket does seem more rounded.

Comment

The jacket would probably look different worn on an actual body than it does flat, also she probably had stuff in the pockets that may have affected their shape in the photograph. I know this jacket came directly from her estate which was originally sold off by Hermann Historica a few years ago. I have the original catalogue entry. There was also a lot of stuff she inherited from her father in the sale.
                          Last edited by ancientrelicsuk; 08-21-2020, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Looks like she is wearing a adult size jacket. She probably out grew a couple of these.

Comment

Yes, it's unlikely she just had one jacket and as said above she was probably growing fast.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X