Hj doctor sidecap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hj doctor sidecap

I show to you all a non regulation doctor Hj sidecap. It is a very interesting black motor hj sidecap transformed for an HJ doctor, with a light blue piping and a life rune on the side.

Outstanding Albert , thank you for posting .

Comment

Nice one indeed.

Comment

The cap looks really nice but I think a fairer description would be Motor-HJ summer cap that has some unofficial stuff added. There was never a official black summer cap for medical personnell but the description makes it sounds like there was and that this particular one is just different to the official version. I know I'm being picky but as I say the cap does look kind of fetching like that nevertheless

Comment

Originally posted by Cracked View Post
          The cap looks really nice but I think a fairer description would be Motor-HJ summer cap that has some unofficial stuff added. There was never a official black summer cap for medical personnell but the description makes it sounds like there was and that this particular one is just different to the official version. I know I'm being picky but as I say the cap does look kind of fetching like that nevertheless
          " Cracked " The person who posted this cap has not tried to hide anything . It is what it is . An Nskk/ HJ students mid to late war sidecap upgraded for an Hj medical doctors personal use .
          The HJ did wear non regulation headgear occasionally as depicted in the photos below . A customized DJ leader winter ski cap and an HJ Bannfahnentrager in the Motor HJ wearing an NSKK mans sidecap , probably his personal preference for the studio photograph .
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Joe B View Post
            " Cracked " The person who posted this cap has not tried to hide anything . It is what it is . An Nskk/ HJ students mid to late war sidecap upgraded for an Hj medical doctors personal use .
            The HJ did wear non regulation headgear occasionally as depicted in the photos below . A customized DJ leader winter ski cap and an HJ Bannfahnentrager in the Motor HJ wearing an NSKK mans sidecap , probably his personal preference for the studio photograph .
            whatever one believes: the symbol for doctor to be positioned there is bogus and crap. This was not ever allowed. A black field cap for doctors was never mentioned. But as said: pin on a badge and the cap brings more money.

Here a part of text from an old draft of mine, intended to be for a new volume about headgear (it was never actually finished):

In September 1938 it was intended to introduce a special headdress-form for motor-units for wearing with the winter-dress when being on foot, with actual driving or with the walking-out dress. Due to reasons of financial nature this plan was delayed until the winter 1939/1940. Then the plan was carried out and resulted in a black field-cap. For the winter 1938/1939 the visored cap was ordered or the black skiing-cap. -*-

-*-
            "Amtl.Nbl.d.HJ", Sonderdruck 7/38, September 30, 1938, p.5, Nr.IIB and IID;

During the summer-season most often the light-brown field-cap or the visored cap was worn. For terrain- or driving-sports
            the crash-helmet as worn. In August 1940 the light-brown field-cap with pink piping was abolished and no longer manufactured. -*-

-*-
            "UM", Nr.15, August 1, 1940, p.116;

Simultaneously the afore mentioned black field-cap in the regular HJ form was introduced. Officially this black form never had a colored piping. It is known that sometimes a sort of aluminum piping was installed to indicate the boys higher rank. -*-

-*-
            "Mbl.d.RZM", Nr.12, September 14, 1940, p.93.

Since the fall of 1941 doctors had to wear an armband with the symbol and edged on both sides in red (Reichsbefehl from September 5, 1941). It is literally said: Ärzte sind mit den vorschriftsmässigen Armbinden genügend gekennzeichnet, da sie ausserdem noch die Sonderarmscheibe tragen. The use of the symbol with a cap was superfluous. One can pin on what one believes, but it is only there for extra money!
            Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 03-08-2020, 11:39 AM.

Comment

I doubt when I bought the cap anything of this was added by the seller, as I paid a very reasonable price for this cap (I don't want to say the amount but cheaper than a n allgemeine hj with eagle from weitze). I do honestly think this insignia was added in period by some individual. Actually even the pin has the rzm.
              It is obvious that the cap is for the motor HJ, I never intended to say this cap wasn't a motor hj sidecap, actually when I bought it I was planing to remove all the superflous things but when I had it in hand I did pass on it as the cap looks fairly transformed in period time. Also I consider that it is quite strange to add that kind of insignia to upgrade it, as it would be easiest to make a "leader" cap just adding a silver trim and an eagle.

I do honestly believe that cap was transformed by some individual in TR. And not planning to sell it.

Comment

" Cracked " The person who posted this cap has not tried to hide anything . It is what it is . An Nskk/ HJ students mid to late war sidecap upgraded for an Hj medical doctors personal use
                "Nskk/ HJ student". In your opinion then he is trying to hide something? I'm not suggesting that the OP is doing anything of the sort. He feels that the cap is fine and I'm sceptical and that's it from my side.

Yes, but in both cases there were reminders back then that these practices were not allowed which proves that it happened. Look, I'm not here to trash peoples things its just a slippery slope when everything is accepted as real because an unrelated case shows that rules were not always followed.
                Last edited by Cracked; 03-09-2020, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X