Eastern Front for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eastern Front for review

Picked up an Eastern front medal today for $30. The ribbon I believe is fake. Black light does have a slight glow to the white portion. What matters most to me is the medal.
    Questions....comments....concerns....

Wait for the experts but the medal looks OK to me. Some of these are marked on the ring...any maker's mark on yours?

I wouldnt be too hasty about flushing your ribbon because it has a "slight glow" under the blacklight... Germany invented/patented brightening agents before the war and used them on stuff during the war so unless your ribbon glows like the disco ball in "Saturday Night Fever" some fluorescence wouldnt automatically disqualify it. To me the weaving of the ribbon, particularly the edges is also an important factor. Cant see detail from your picture but the edges of the ribbon should look like the attached pict, not straight

Regards

JC
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jean-Claude View Post
      Wait for the experts but the medal looks OK to me. Some of these are marked on the ring...any maker's mark on yours?

I wouldnt be too hasty about flushing your ribbon because it has a "slight glow" under the blacklight... Germany invented/patented brightening agents before the war and used them on stuff during the war so unless your ribbon glows like the disco ball in "Saturday Night Fever" some fluorescence wouldnt automatically disqualify it. To me the weaving of the ribbon, particularly the edges is also an important factor. Cant see detail from your picture but the edges of the ribbon should look like the attached pict, not straight

Regards

JC
      Sorry. I thought I had ribbon pics. No marks on the ring. I looked at the show and when I got home but didnt find any. I believe these medals are mostly unmarked?

Comment

I didnt know much about the ribbon. I knew the blacklight isnt 100% but that was all I had to go on for the ribbon.

Comment

Again wait for other opinions but the ribbon looks original to me as well. No idea about ratios but I just know some OF medals are marked and others are not

JC

Comment

Ribbon is OK

From my experience, more of Ost-Medals are marked as unmarked, but unmarked are also common.

The best reference for Eastern Front Medals is here:

https://www.ostmedaille-database.com/

reagrds
            Tomasz

Comment

Medal and ribbon are good.
              Troy

Comment

Thanks [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

good one and nice pics too !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X