Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which badge is this paper case for?

Hello,

Attached is a closeup of award ceremony of 16.Panzer-Division in summer 1942.

Oblt. von Mutius ( Chef 2./Schützen-Bataillon (gep.) 16 ) awards his soldiers (the bataillon was equipped with SPWs). One of his Zugführers (?) holds the badges in case in the helmet.

What is this green-yellow-green case for?
    Attached Files

Hi Akira,

My best guess would be the Bronze Panzer Assault Badge. Heer assault badges were typically packaged in either paper packets or cardboard boxes. And there were all sorts of generic cardboard boxes that were used for Panzer, Infantry, and General Assault Badges. The colors and designs on the boxes could vary considerably but none were exclusive to any one type of Heer badge that I am aware of. But the particular unit here, equipped with Schwerer PanzerspƤhwagen and attached to a Panzer Division would suggest the Bronze Panzer Assault Badge, in my opinion.

Best regards,
    Tom
    Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Thank you Tom,

that was my guess too (SPW = Schützenpanzerwagen, armored personnel carrier). I have never seen such colored cardboard box so far but that is because of my lack of interest in badges! I hope someone can show me the exact box in his collection!
      Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X