what would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what would you do?

i have been looking for a customs ribbon with the eagle on for a while now and one came up on the e stand,but it was part of a salty medal bar consisting of EK2 with a zinc centre(quite scarce) the army/kriegs 4 year and 12 year service awards both with the correct metal eagles on the ribbon and the customs ribbon with the square customs embroidered eagle attached but the customs medal is missing. so now i am wondering what to do should i leave the bar as it is or should i attach my customs medal to the bar. all the ribbons are a little grimy would you try to clean them and if so what with and there is rust on the 12 year service medal , the felt at the back has all but gone due to i suppose moths it is therefore in the freezer overnight until i figure out what to do but all in all its a nice bar.what would you do ?
    kind regards gaz

Clean or not

Greetings Gaz,
    If I understand your question, I think I’d attach my medal to the bar. It would be nice to see a photograph. Cleaning is tricky unless you can disassemble it. You might just cause rust to bleed through and make it look worse. Nearly all collectors seem to discourage cleaning.
    Regards,
    Chris
    Aka Egret

Comment

thanks for the reply chris

here are pics
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hello Gaz ,

I tried steam cleaning a manky court mounted 4 year army medal ribbon and it looks great . But as stated above it might cause rust staining .

I would add the customs medal to this bar if i had one with no ribbon .

KR

Grant

Comment

Hi Gaz,
            Thanks for the picture.
            It actually has a fantastic gnarly quality. I wonder if some of that white would brush of if you left it in a dry place in the sun for a few hours?
            Chris
            aka Egret

Comment

I might put a salty medal on with ORIGINAL thread.I would then leave alone and enjoy the bar the way it is.You can always sell later on and up grade to
              a more minty one.I try not to mess with my stuff.
              don
              Yes,I collect wound badges.....And looking for more.
              Resistance is Futile

Comment

after thinking it over i have decided just to pin through the medal ring from the side the customs medal to the bar for display purposes then at least until i can get original thread or if i decide to take it off no real damage has been done. i think it looks great in my case now .i will post new pic later when i have my photo shop running properly

many thanks guys for your input
                kind regards gaz

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X