MilitariaPlaza

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big 10-Placer Ribbonbar - RAD with russian connection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big 10-Placer Ribbonbar - RAD with russian connection?

Hello,

Has anyone an idea, what branche this is?

I thought RAD Officer, because a lot of them were retired officers in there 50s-60s...
    The last ribbon is for the Russian St.Stanislaus Order/Medal.

Other options are SS. I dont think Police or Civil are likely here =No Device. Could be police 4/8y though.

Probably no chance for an ID..... Any ranklists?

Best,
    Nicolas

PS:Some maybe noticed, that this was posted elsewhere. I hope posting on multiple forums doesnt mind anyone...
    Attached Files

Photo of the reverse please.

Looks a little too minty fresh.

Wayne

Comment

Sure.
      Attached Files

Comment

Strange place for the Bulgarian Bravery award ... long bar, foreign award, sharpened pin ...

Ian

Comment

No clue. Probably because combat awards are before hindy.
          Last edited by Priedel78; 05-07-2017, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
            Strange place for the Bulgarian Bravery award ... long bar, foreign award, sharpened pin ...

Ian
            I thought that foreign awards ended up at the end of the bar not somewhere in the middle.

Wayne

Comment

My thinking is as that of Ian and Wayne. Foreign awards go at the end.

Chet
              Zinc stinks!

Comment

Originally posted by Chet Sowersby View Post
                My thinking is as that of Ian and Wayne. Foreign awards go at the end.

Chet
                Hi Chet, I have a Spanish Civil war ribbon bar where there are 2 Spanish awards prior to a 1st October/Prague Bar and LW Long Service but otherwise ....

Ian

Comment

The bulgarian like ribbon is actually for the Bayrisches Sanitätskreuz 1914 f. Etappe.
                  No idea abou the decoration.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Priedel78 View Post
                    The bulgarian like ribbon is actually for the Bayrisches Sanitätskreuz 1914 f. Etappe.
                    No idea about the decoration.

Hi Nicolas,

This would be the decoration for the Bavarian ribbon you show. It is not actually a cross, but a medal awarded by the Bavarian State Association of the Red Cross for merit in the World War. This was a rear-echelon award and therefore seems out of place on what otherwise purports to be a ribbon bar of a WW1 combatant. The two long service ribbons might not even be Third Reich related: They could actually be two Imperial Prussian military long service decorations. Or it could be one Imperial Prussian military long service decoration and one Third Reich civil long service decoration. The Kaiser Centenary Medal is a clear indication that this guy was a Prussian and in the military by 1897. The presence of the Kaiser Centenary Medal is also an indication that this guy was in his 60s during WW2. The 1939 KVK2X points to some military or paramilitary connection in WW2. As far as his pre-WW1 service is concerned, I suppose this guy could have been a member of the Royal Prussian 1st Guards Regiment (Emperor Alexander), named in honor of Alexander I of Russia. That could be why the Imperial Russian Medal for Zeal is there. The Imperial Russian Medal for Zeal is also seen from time to time on medal and ribbon bars from the Grand Duchy of Hessen and I can't help but notice that the Hessen-Darmstadt Bravery Medal is present on this bar. I think this ribbon bar could very well be legitimate. It's just a bit hard to explain that Bavarian Red Cross Medal. Perhaps it is a Bulgarian Bravery Medal and was just placed incorrectly?

Best regards,
                    Tom
                    Attached Files
                    Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Thanks for your long reply. Fantastic info.

That could make an possible ID far easier
                      Last edited by Priedel78; 05-08-2017, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X