Afrika Medals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afrika Medals

Thought I'd show off my afrikas that I've finally gotten around to displaying. There are still a couple of holes - missing the 2.1 with the dot and the unknown maker.
    Thanks for looking!
    Steve
    Attached Files

Very nice collection, Steve.

Best regards,
    Tom
    Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Indeed a great family Steve! You miss only 2 to complete al the types, so research continues....

My books:

- THE WEHRPAß & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
      - THE SS TK RING
      - THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
      - THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
      - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the comments fellas. I'll keep up the hunt! Who knows, maybe I'll find that 2.1 together in a set with a Black gothic script cuff title? Ahh.. middle aged fantasies

Comment

Really nice!

Wayne

Comment

Thanks Wayne!
            * update - I've now got an unknown maker making its way here, thanks to Tim C!

Comment

Very nice, will be awesome when you have all makers. Which isn't far off at all. Were these medals just given out in paper packets?

Comment

Hi Lewis,
                If you have a look at Antonio's pinned thread, you will see the different types. Type 2 has 3 different versions he calls 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 in his awesome book on these medals. In my picture I've got them in order: the type 1 is top left, then a space for the missing 2.1, then a 2.2 and 2.3 on top. The bottom from l-r is a type 3, a type 4, then 2 type 5's that just have different finishes.
                To answer your question, the types 1-4 were made in Italy, and these came with a sort of semi-transparent packet (I don't have one). I don't have my book with me at the moment, but if I remember correctly some type 5's and 6's which were made in Germany have been found in LDO packets and little cardboard LDO boxes, but I think there is some question as to whether or not they were actually awarded in these, or if they were just maybe put there later on.
                S

Comment

Originally posted by Steve DT View Post
                  Thanks for the comments fellas. I'll keep up the hunt! Who knows, maybe I'll find that 2.1 together in a set with a Black gothic script cuff title? Ahh.. middle aged fantasies
                  Very nice collection. I have a type 2, 4 and 5 all with replacement ribbons though

Cheers, Ian.

Comment

This is a type 6...
                    Attached Files

My books:

- THE WEHRPAß & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
                    - THE SS TK RING
                    - THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
                    - THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
                    - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Hello Steve,

a very nice collection and the presentation is TOP.

Regards
                      Matthias

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X