Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VonPeter View Post
    But one thing is strange,
    We know there are fakes with the B. Why would a faker go the extra mile to incorporate a humongous die flaw in his fakes? It would be much easier and safer for him to skip that part. Maybe he knew something we dont?
    /peter
    Peter, if you think it for a minute you can have the conclusion of this maybe a proof of originality precisely.
    Anycase, as we told you before never buy an item if you are not completly happy with the piece.
    Best regards

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorio Torres View Post
      Peter, if you think it for a minute you can have the conclusion of this maybe a proof of originality precisely.
      That was my point. That was why I said it was strange.

//Peter

Comment

I wrote some pages about these "B" medals.
        Today I've ended this "B" research and I want to show you another find: these medals were also in the 70s!
        And we know that the 70s fake today are easy to recognize.

So the conclusions are:

1) this pattern I called "Straight G 8" (or the "OBC") were not known from collectors and someone one day wrote they can be fake (without any proof)

2) the results were the collector community was scared from all the Memels except the one I called "Slanted G 1" or "29".

3) no one studied these medals ontil today.

4) we have find 8 different known makers and 2-3 unknown!!!!

5) The fakes were done using all the Memels, because there was confusion about this medal.

6) The "B" Memels were done before the '70s and if they were fake, today we would be able to foil them without any problem.
        Period, aging, metals, coin, all is period done. When these have some problems, they are fake!

And now I show you what I told you before.
        Hope this help.
        Attached Files

My books:

- THE WEHRPAß & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
        - THE SS TK RING
        - THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
        - THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
        - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

memel medaille

Pues si que está dificil esto de reconocer las de época...Yo no me entero de nada. Pero muchas gracias a Antony y Gregorio.
          cry:

Comment

Esta es en mi opinión una medalla de Memel ORIGINAL ¿correct?
            beautifull and (i believe) original.
            Last edited by manu1972; 09-08-2012, 09:25 AM. Reason: + fotograph

Comment

exemple of Memel

As we see, also in the photo of the first issue with tape, the "m" März has the subtlety that is slightly smaller than the "m" of memellandes. Besides the "stick" G ", enters the left oblique. This is one of the most common examples of which are original. Could have other molds, of course.
              A greeting.

Comment

other exemple

Another clear example of this medal. This dress comes in pin medal with four years in the Wehrmacht and EK2. As we can see, has the same details of the "m" to the previous two medals. This is good for me yes.

Regards.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X