German ribbon-hung medals of the 3rd Reich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German ribbon-hung medals of the 3rd Reich

Hi all. Ribbon-hung medals of the 3rd Reich are an area I have little knowledge of so I hope some of you can help me. I ask this because the Germans were rather unique in that many of their medals are pin-on badges. So, what are the full range of ribbon-based medals that could be awarded during the time of the 3rd Reich? I've seen photos of German troops bearing quite a number of medal ribbons when they'd have looked too young to have served in WW1. And I'd thought that there weren't many German ribbon-based medals instituted during WW2. Those that I know of are the EK2 (Iron Cross Secnd Class) and Eastern Front Campaign Medal, West Wall Medal, War Merit Cross (KVK) and the various "Flower Wars" Medals. What about others?
    Cheers,
    Jeremy

Long Service medals, Italo/German African Campaign medal, various Axis medals (Bulgarian, Croatian, Rumanian)

Comment

This might help:

Orders and Decorations of the Third Reich
      (Including former German Lands until 1918 and Austria)

http://www.medals.lava.pl/de/de3.htm

Comment

All right, thanks guy. Could the War Merit Medal and War Merit Cross with Cross with Swords be awarded to frontline troops for gallantry in the field? Also, Dez, how can I find out the criteria for being awarded some of those decorations in the site you showed?

Thanks.

Comment

Last edited by Rick Research; 09-02-2004, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Last edited by Rick Research; 09-02-2004, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X