CollectorToCollector

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EK2 1914 + KVK ordensspange and feldspange.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK2 1914 + KVK ordensspange and feldspange.

Hi all!
    Will appreciate options on my recent acquisition.

Due to colour and ribbon folding I dare to say it is post war assemble of ribbons (therefore of medal bar itself).

Comment

Originally posted by Yubari View Post
      Due to colour and ribbon folding I dare to say it is post war assemble of ribbons (therefore of medal bar itself).
      Thanks! I thought that myself. The main question: is it bad or doesn't make any difference. All ingredients seem original. Restored perhaps?

Comment

Perhaps odd it doesn't have a Hindenburg Cross ? Of the 16 ribbon bars I have with the EKII (1914) and a War Merit Cross/Medal only one is missing the Honour Cross X.

Ian

Comment

either way, it is a nice set. it can be used for a filler.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
            Perhaps odd it doesn't have a Hindenburg Cross ? Of the 16 ribbon bars I have with the EKII (1914) and a War Merit Cross/Medal only one is missing the Honour Cross X.

Ian
            Strange I dont see my response to you that was here yesterday. It is not odd that hindy is missing. Even in 1919 EK2 were awarded, for examplesmedics kept taking care of injured people and they were active just from 1919. So such people missed the war itself. Also please remember Sudetland and Austria citizens could not received hindy cross earlier than in 1940! On top of that in 1944 hindy crosses were still awarded as many people had to apply for the award themselves. I repeat myself but while particular medal bar is bad, combination is rare but definitely real.
            Last edited by Yubari; 09-09-2020, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yubari View Post

Strange I dont see my response to you that was here yesterday. It is not odd that hindy is missing. Even in 1919 EK2 were awarded as for examples medics kept taking care of injured people and they were active just from 1919. So such people missed the war itself. Also please remember Sudetland and Austria citizens could not received hindy cross earlier than in 1940! On top of that in 1944 hindy crosses were still awarded as many people had to apply for the award themselves. Ibrepeat myself but while particular medal bar is bad, combination is rare but definitely real.
              Possibly real but my point is that just based on my collection alone it's a 16:1 ratio so unusual.

I also noticed your reply had gone missing

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post

Possibly real but my point is that just based on my collection alone it's a 16:1 ratio so unusual.

I also noticed your reply had gone missing

Ian
                I have nothing to do with this

Comment

BTW seen this on the auction

Comment

Originally posted by Vit67 View Post
                    BTW seen this on the auction
                    this is the easiest style to put up together nowadays. :]

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X