Police-wehrmacht question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Police-wehrmacht question

Please, can you help me with a little question? Would military police received WH or Police service medal or eventually both?

Yes it is possible!
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Edward. I maybe placed my question incorrectly. I have medal bar where is WH and police service medal. But I ment - what actually military police would get? Since I have 4 years wehrmacht and 8 years police service, I think my guy served at first in police and maybe later in military police..?

Comment

I found one more evidence!
        Attached Files

Comment

I’m a police guy, not medals but this is my understanding:

Bars with police and army long service are usually WW1 vets that entered the police. Some Gendarmerie Personnel were moved over to the army during the flower wars. They became Army personnel in 1940....I believe. So a career policeman entitled to a police long service for his time in the Motorized Gendarmerie could in theory be eligible for an army long service in 1944 I guess, but I don’t believe medals were being given for long service by that point. Army field police did not receive police awards once transferred away from the civil police.

By the way, very rare cap in that first photo. Large cloth eagle with soft leather brim. Very nice.

regards,
          W. Unland

Comment

Thank you W.Unland. If we work with information that service awards were not given after 1939 these transfers must happend before war itself. I have EK2, WH service, polcie service and memel medal bar, that is why I am currious to understand the logic behind.

Comment

еще фото
              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X