Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allgemeine Abzeichen

Hi all,

About a year ago I started collecting some German combat awards next to my US collection. However I do have a few questions and would like to hear your opinions on the matter.

1. Allgemeine Abzeichens, I currently have the following to go within that subject. Keep in mine, I'm only after combat related awards for troops of the Heer, Luftwaffe and Kriegsmarine. Marked with a V in front means I have them, the others are still on the looking for list.

[v] 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuz 2. Klasse 1914
    [ ] 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuz 1. Klasse 1914
    [ ] Deutsches Kreuz in Silber
    [ ] Deutsches Kreuz in Gold
    [v] Eisernes Kreuz I. Klasse
    [v] Eisernes Kreuz II. Klasse
    [v] Verwundeten Abzeichen in Schwartz
    [v] Verwundeten Abzeichen in Silber
    [v] Verwundeten Abzeichen in Gold
    [v] Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse mit Schwertern
    [v] Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1. Klasse mit Schwertern

Are there any I should consider adding to the list?

2. I have a few awards that I like specificly. Would they hold more value or have a higher collecting value if it would be bought with the corresponding case?
    For instance a Pilot Badge by Juncker.

Thanks all!

Your missing the Knights cross (Ritterkreuz), EK1, EK2 (those can be awarded to all branches Army, Navy and Airforce)
    All awards are valued higher with case. Cases can be in some cases worth more then the medal (LDO box for Black woundbadge for instance is worth more the the medal)

Chris

Last edited by chrisje110; 08-16-2020, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Thanks Chris, the EKI and EKII are listed and I already have those two.
      I can only dream of ever owning a original WWII made RK. Guess I might consider an early post-war made by Souval.

Comment

[QUOTE=S1991;n11735329
        I can only dream of ever owning a original WWII made RK. Guess I might consider an early post-war made by Souval.[/QUOTE]

I thought that for years. One day your circumstances might change.

Attached Files

Comment

You could add Imperial EK1 and 2s to go with the spangen you have listed. You might also add a nahkampfspange to the list, which could go for both the Heer and Luftwaffe. Then you could also look at campaign medals such as the Ostfront and Italian-German Africa medal. Maybe add KVK1 and 2 with swords as well. And unless you really want one and are willing to spend the money for it, you could drop the DKiS as it was less of an award for combat troops, though it could be given to support troops who operated in combat areas.

Now throw in shields and badges and you'll be broke before you know it.
          Dale

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X