Fallschirmjager medic backpack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ironcrown View Post
    After 8th September 1943 the Wehrmacht captured large stocks of italian equipments that were reissued where and when necessary. Some where modified or adapted (mess kits were repainted in Feldgrau for example). So it's possible that this item was captured by the germans, modified and reused by them.
    Thanks ironcrown...& thats the only logical explaination...

Comment

Even with that explanation it does not make it a Fallschirmjaeger or any paratrooper item. POW's have been known to modify items in captivity as well.

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
        Even with that explanation it does not make it a Fallschirmjaeger or any paratrooper item. POW's have been known to modify items in captivity as well.
        Never said its para!i said possibly para... I get in here to find out what it is!!! It looks more a para medic or a demolition bag than a normal infantry...its got dividers inside..why? Its not just a bag..its for some special purpose

Comment

The title of this thread suggested Fallschirmjaeger Medic which is paratrooper! and now again you have said it looks more like para medic than normal infantry. I believe it has nothing to do with Paratrooper whether Italian or German. I did however suggest that it could be POW made i.e., straps added to the box and someone else stated large stocks of equipment in Italy were captured and used by the Wehrmacht. There are many possibilities!

Originally posted by giorgios View Post
          Never said its para!i said possibly para... I get in here to find out what it is!!! It looks more a para medic or a demolition bag than a normal infantry...its got dividers inside..why? Its not just a bag..its for some special purpose

Comment

It is not likely to be military at all. Endless civilian use possibilities after the war.....
            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

In the old days, those kind of corner reinforcements were most commonly put on luggage like steamer trunks to protect the corners from heavy handling on docks, train platforms and the like. Compartment dividers like those are also common on old trunks. I think that is an old piece of luggage circa 1920 to which someone has probably added backpack straps. It might have been made with those shoulder straps for use in overland travel in places like India or Afrika, where native porters carried the luggage of Europeans through the bush. I don't think it's German, medical, military or paratrooper.
              Attached Files

Comment

Sorry guys..i get in here for opinions...if not german or para its okay...peace!

Comment

No need to apologize and this is what the forum is all about. You ask for opinions and that is what you get based on some folks who know a little about the areas that they collect and there is always more to learn.

Sorry guys..i get in here for opinions...if not german or para its okay...peace!

Comment

No need to aplogize, you were just asking questions.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X