Picture with Brigade Ramcke patch ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picture with Brigade Ramcke patch ?

Hi. Please can you help me to identify these patches. I know, the quality of the pictures are not the best.
    The pictures are shot in August 42 in Athen and belong to a Soldier of 2. company of Fallschirmjäger Regiment 3, who got wounded november 41 in russia and was in august 42 on the way back to his unit, maybe now Kampfgruppe von der Heydte in the Brigade Ramcke.
    The pictures show some kind of arm patch. Maybe different types.
    Thank you and best regards

Gesendet von meinem SM-G970F mit Tapatalk

If I may, would like to add one portrait always of an Fj wearing a company patch. I The only Info I know of him is that he was an Army Paratrooper.
    Maybe a bit less clear to be identified than the others previously shown, so cannot tell if it's matching one ofthem, or a different one... Anyone knows how many "patterns" are known to exist for these company patches?
    Thanks a lot for any input!
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

resized picture....
        Attached Files

Comment

more...
          Attached Files

Comment

I think the Ramcke Brigade patch is a scorpion, with a pointed base, as below.

I'm not up on other FJ units insignia, unfortunately - Unit patches don't seem to show up in photos very often from my perspective.

Hopefully someone else can help ID them. Thank you & Daniele for posting these - very interesting.
            Attached Files

Comment

Each Company Had its own patch, I know 3rd Companies was a stylized Sunburst the Scorpion Patch was for 1st Company

Comment

2./FJR 3 had a templer cross and 4./FJR3 had a stylistic palm ...

Comment

Just a small evocation
                  Attached Files

Comment

Scorpion badge

Hi,

This Scorpion badge is said to be the 1st Kompany of the Ramcke Brigade, but the Ramcke Brigade was a big unit put togther form many different battalions and individual companies brought together from all over the Third Reich. So there would have been several 1st companies in all these various units that made up the Brigade.

Does any body know which 1st kp from which battalion the Scorpion represents ??

The Ramcke Brigade badge is, I believe, a Kite shape with the letter R inside.

cheers Lennard

Comment

The Fallschirmjäger-Brigade Ramcke comprised several units; the patches shown and discussed here are those of the Fallschirmjäger-Lehr-Bataillon "von der Heydte":

1st Coy: scorpion
                      2nd Coy: Templar's cross
                      3rd Coy: a stylised sun
                      4th Coy: a stylised palm tree.

@ Fsoq: Congrats! This is only the second scorpion patch I've ever seen. I take it's an original.

Cheers
                      Karl

Comment

For me it is the third scorpion but i have never seen a cross , sun or others...

Does someone here own or have a picture of another badge than the scorpion ?

Comment

found that today ... 2./FJR 3 but nothing really visible ...
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Heeresspringer View Post
                            For me it is the third scorpion but i have never seen a cross , sun or others...

Does someone here own or have a picture of another badge than the scorpion ?
                            ...the sun is shining
                            Attached Files

Comment

Gustav, waiting for you to post that one

Can anyone enlighten me on the use of the color cloth band on the shoulder straps? Have seen this in several photos of Kampfgruppe von der Heydte members.

And as clearly seen on the exceptional portrait Daniele posted earlier of Ofw. Schlicht.

Regards,

Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X